Home » xyzzy » Dungeon » Dredger
Dredger [message #57311] Tue, 08 November 2005 11:39 Go to next message
Damir is currently offline  Damir
Illuminati (2nd Degree)

There`re even more dangerous things than high-voltage... Just received a few pictures from the village just a few km from an old tower I planned to visit. Anti-tank land mine blew up a dredger, the driver is badly hurt. Interesting thing is that mine is from `91, and de-mining has been done in that part.
I received the photos from a friend who works in de-mining...

Re: Dredger [message #57312 is a reply to message #57311] Tue, 08 November 2005 13:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

Damn.

Wouldn't it be great to shut the door on the past sometimes.

Thanks for reminding me, seems like kindness, tolerance and understanding must be the most important things. Ironically, it is almost impossible to have these things when you need them most.

Re: Dredger [message #57313 is a reply to message #57312] Tue, 08 November 2005 14:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Illuminati (2nd Degree)
Well, another friend of mine has a "similar" saying: "Everything is full of damned sex-maniacs...but, when you actually need them most, it is almost impossible to get one..."

"The Past is now part of my future, the present is well out of hand"

Re: Dredger [message #57314 is a reply to message #57313] Tue, 08 November 2005 15:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Manualblock is currently offline  Manualblock
Illuminati (13th Degree)
Damir; what does that mean," Everything is full of damned sex maniacs"??? I can't figure that one out.
Land mines really suck; the U.S. along with Cuba are the only two countries still stockpiling mines in the western hemisphere.; while we are the most active in funding the largest land-mine eradication efforts; we never the less refused to sign on to the land mine ban internationally. We haven't used them since 1991 and have not exported them since 92' all the while calling for a comprehensive ban yet failing to participate in the existing one.
On March 1st 2004 the Bush Administration reversed a ten year policy to eliminate all anti-personell landmines.

Re: Dredger [message #57315 is a reply to message #57313] Tue, 08 November 2005 15:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

Re: Dredger [message #57316 is a reply to message #57313] Tue, 08 November 2005 16:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Illuminati (13th Degree)
So your a big Joy Division fan hah? Whatever happened to them?

Re: Dredger [message #57317 is a reply to message #57316] Wed, 09 November 2005 05:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Illuminati (2nd Degree)
"Big fan", huh? Maybe 20+ years before... I posted about movie "24 hr party people", remember?
Huh, there are some mistakes in lyrics (the link I posted), it changes the meaning, the proper last line is:
"...take my hand and I'll show you what was - it will be."

P.S. Just realized that my friend made those pictures around the dredger, inside the mine-field...he don`t care and isn`t afraid

Re: Dredger [message #57318 is a reply to message #57317] Wed, 09 November 2005 11:17 Go to previous message
Illuminati (13th Degree)
Funny how the guys who are never scared never seem to get hurt; ain't it?
Get that amp figured out yet?
I have to tell you, I found in the back of one of my electronics books a list of equations and how to write them on the keyboard; you know like:
P=I^2*R
Thats the way you do the math on your posts only I never could figure that out until now.

Previous Topic: Nice; Rumsfeld opens new prisons on the site's of the old concentration camps.
Next Topic: California
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Mon May 20 05:58:33 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout