Home » xyzzy » Dungeon » Terri Schiavo
Terri Schiavo [message #56156] Sat, 19 March 2005 11:30 Go to next message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)
Terri Schiavo

Re: Terri Schiavo [message #56158 is a reply to message #56156] Sat, 19 March 2005 18:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Manualblock is currently offline  Manualblock
Illuminati (13th Degree)
Tom Delay is certifiably insane. Somebody get me the hell out of here!
Didn't the Romans go down the tubes believing that the Emporer was bigger than the law?
Picture your ex-wife (ex because she is no longer with us), being hounded by third rate opportunist hacks and forced to choke on a feeding tube for years to promote a political agenda.
I guess you have to have dignity in order to grant it to others.

We had a similar situation here about 15 yrs ago when this guys wife was in a coma from an accident and pregnant. She was expected to die if she didn't abort the fetus. The DA one nitwit named Dennis Dillon got an injunction against the procedure and some other garbage tried to get himself court appointed as the wifes legal guardian. They made this guy's life hell for three months until finally she underwent the abortion and eventually was restored to full health. Years later the husband met up with the one looking to be appointed guardian. It was in the newspaper because the wife told the guy to drop dead.

Although in this case, there is a large malpractice award awaiting her husband should she pass. Schiavo that is.

Re: Terri Schiavo - is that true? [message #56159 is a reply to message #56158] Sun, 20 March 2005 07:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
wunhuanglo is currently offline  wunhuanglo
Illuminati (2nd Degree)
I've read conflicting stories on that, the malpractice settlement money.

One thing I read said he wants her dead so he can have the money; another thing said there is no money left at all after all the fights with the parents and the years of institutional care.

curious what the truth is.

Re: Terri Schiavo - is that true? [message #56160 is a reply to message #56159] Sun, 20 March 2005 09:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Illuminati (13th Degree)
I don't think by law the hospice can touch a negligence settlement. Did I once read that you practice law? If so, is that true?

Re: Terri Schiavo - is that true? [message #56163 is a reply to message #56160] Sun, 20 March 2005 19:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
wunhuanglo is currently offline  wunhuanglo
Illuminati (2nd Degree)
The only law I practice is arguing right and wrong with my teenage kids

I’m a systems engineer, as in mechanical and process systems (basically too clueless to specialize, so I’m a generalist).

But I wouldn't be surprised if a whole lot of money had an opportunity to take a walk over the past 15 years between doctors, lawyers and hospitals.

Damn tragedy either way.

Re: Terri Schiavo - is that true? [message #56164 is a reply to message #56163] Sun, 20 March 2005 19:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Illuminati (13th Degree)
Sorry; wrong guy! I am pretty sure a medical liability settlement is untouchable, I do know for sure it cannot be taxed or invaded.

Dennis Dillion [message #56175 is a reply to message #56158] Mon, 28 March 2005 09:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
GTFsr is currently offline  GTFsr
Esquire
I vaguely recall that case.
What I find more shocking! You're here on the island?

GTF

Re: Dennis Dillion [message #56176 is a reply to message #56175] Mon, 28 March 2005 11:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Illuminati (13th Degree)
Yeah; why is that shocking?? There's a lot of people here. Where are you?

Moriches [message #56177 is a reply to message #56176] Mon, 28 March 2005 13:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
GTFsr is currently offline  GTFsr
Esquire

Re: Moriches/West Islip [message #56178 is a reply to message #56177] Mon, 28 March 2005 15:23 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
Illuminati (13th Degree)
nt

Previous Topic: Peterson is toast
Next Topic: Reviewers - Is it possible for them to be unbiased?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue May 14 15:34:47 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout
Smith & Larson Audio