Home » xyzzy » Dungeon » Joke Ahead: CAUTION - Not PC
Joke Ahead: CAUTION - Not PC [message #56085] Thu, 27 January 2005 03:29 Go to next message
wunhuanglo is currently offline  wunhuanglo
Illuminati (2nd Degree)
Two families moved from Pakistan to the USA. When they arrived the
two fathers made a bet -- in a year's time whichever family had become more American would win. A year later they met again.

The first man said, "My son is playing baseball, I had McDonalds for
breakfast and I'm on my way to pick up a case of Bud, how about you?"

The second man replied, "Fuck you, towel head."

Re: Joke Ahead: CAUTION - Not PC [message #56088 is a reply to message #56085] Fri, 28 January 2005 00:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)
Neither are American, both are time travelers.

They set their time-machine clocks for a time when you could tell a joke like that while filling the car up with high octane gasoline and drive off with a six pack of beer.

Re: Joke Ahead: CAUTION - Not PC [message #56091 is a reply to message #56088] Fri, 28 January 2005 16:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Manualblock is currently offline  Manualblock
Illuminati (13th Degree)
Wayne; how do you mean that?

Re: Joke Ahead: CAUTION - Not PC [message #56092 is a reply to message #56091] Fri, 28 January 2005 17:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Illuminati (33rd Degree)
Oh, I meant nothing really, just being silly. The PC thing has developed in the last 20 years, so that's what the time-machine reference was about. Fast cars, high octane gasoline, cigarettes and beer to go.

Re: Joke Ahead: CAUTION - Not PC [message #56093 is a reply to message #56092] Fri, 28 January 2005 18:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Manualblock is currently offline  Manualblock
Illuminati (13th Degree)
That was the best; stopping in the drive through for a twelve pack. That was when the retailers really had the pulse of the people. Cars are pretty fast now I see. I have been looking at Camaro's for me to use for two years until my son gets his licsense. Test drove a V8 6 speed. Not Baaad. I would have to say it was competitive with many of the more reasonable Muscle Cars of the past. Maybe not a Hemi-Cuda or Chevy 454 but still acceptable. Or maybe I just got older.

Re: Joke Ahead: CAUTION - Not PC [message #56095 is a reply to message #56093] Sat, 29 January 2005 04:54 Go to previous message
Illuminati (33rd Degree)
I agree with you about today's cars. They're the best they've ever been. Mopar is doing incredible things, both with styling and performance. Ford is still very successful with their Mustang, and it's a great car. And Chevrolet's Corvette is making more power than any of their 60's supercars, and they actually get decent gas mileage doing it.

My car bucks and kicks and it's really cool and all, but for me to get 500HP takes single digit mileage figures and your eyes will water after 30 seconds standing near it at idle. That's cool, old school stuff and I love it. But the new muscle makes the same power, passes emissions and gets four times better mileage. That's impressive stuff.

Another few decades and we'll be burning synthetics in our 500HP cars and the guys in he middle east will be back to selling sand for a living. I guess the Saud family will be able to live off their money for quite some time, but I also guess they'll have to get skills if they want their children's children to maintain. Did I say that PC enough?

Previous Topic: meeting write-ups
Next Topic: PC
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sun Apr 28 17:35:54 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout