Home » Sponsored » Pi Speakers » Multi-sub Crossovers
Multi-sub Crossovers [message #53360] Wed, 01 April 2009 17:31 Go to next message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

For those of you wanting to experiment with the multi-sub concept, I found an inexpensive crossover that you can use. Get one or two of these and use them with existing amps. If you don't have amps, this won't help, but if you do then these little crossovers will let you press them into service easily.

Re: Multi-sub Crossovers [message #53428 is a reply to message #53360] Thu, 16 April 2009 20:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Psychoacoustic is currently offline  Psychoacoustic
Viscount
Wayne, appreciate the pauper's alternative.
May I ensure that I understand this idea correctly? Here's the idea: a Pioneer M-25 power amp 120W per channel ( http://www.silverpioneer.netfirms.com/m25_amplifier.htm ), each channel feeding into Pyle active X/Os, each which control a subwoofer.
I have a Parts Express cart full of Pi7 drivers ,etc. and would like to complete the order with two recommended subwoofer drivers and the crossovers. If anyone can recommend subwoofers from PE and some cabinet plans, I'd be very grateful. I will build the subwoofer cabinets myself. There are so many designs out there, but I'd like a design optimised for my specific situation. I will build Pi7 with JBL 2226H. The dedicated, acoustically treated listening room dimensions are 6m (20’) X 3.8m (12.36’) X 2.3m (7.64’). Link to room: http://www.audiokarma.org/forums/showthread.php?t=183941&highlight=dedicated

Re: Multi-sub Crossovers [message #53429 is a reply to message #53428] Thu, 16 April 2009 21:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

That's the idea. We have plans available for subs, and that's what I would recommend. We have kits available too, not just for the subs but also for the mains. Check our shopping cart for prices, available options and for more information.

Re: Multi-sub Crossovers [message #53450 is a reply to message #53429] Mon, 20 April 2009 00:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Psychoacoustic is currently offline  Psychoacoustic
Viscount
Are there plans available for the 3Pi subwoofer kit?
Is the subwoofer used in 3Pi the Eminence Lab 12 GenII 12" driver?
Thanks in advance, Ant.

You've got mail! [message #53453 is a reply to message #53450] Mon, 20 April 2009 18:33 Go to previous message
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

I'm sending you the plans. You can use either the PI-12 or the LAB12 woofer in it, either will work just fine. We only carry the PI-12, but you can use either one in the three π subwoofer.

Our PI-12 woofer is essentially the same as LAB12, but machined to fit our cooling plug, used mostly in the 12π hornsub. That's the only difference, ours has the pole piece machined to a tighter tolerance.

Previous Topic: 3 pi plans
Next Topic: 2 pi questions
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat May 11 20:51:43 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout