Home » Sponsored » Pi Speakers » Playing around with CARA
Playing around with CARA [message #51473] Sat, 13 October 2007 09:07 Go to next message
Kim Schultz is currently offline  Kim Schultz
Viscount
Hi Wayne.

I finally got to play around with CARA, and this is a very nice program to help me see the acoustic problems in the listening room.

My HT room pretty much sucks for audio, it has way to high reverberation time in the lower midrange and bass, due to the concrete ceiling, walls and floor.

I have looked at Ethan Winer´s DIY paneltraps and think these would work nicely with the Pi7 cornerhorns. Do you think these are better than the normal tubetraps, or is there anything even more effective ?

Another thing I was wondering, have you made some loudspeaker models of any of the Pi speakers to use in CARA, and would you share them.

If you are interested I can send you my CARA room model.

Regards
Kim

Re: Playing around with CARA [message #51474 is a reply to message #51473] Sat, 13 October 2007 12:03 Go to previous message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

The CARA models I've done have been different room sizes and shapes, and I use one, two and four subwoofers in various positions in the room. I haven't studied individual speakers so much as I've studied room modes using various subwoofer configurations.

About room mode dampers, I think Ethan Winter's basstraps are pretty good. They're built sort of like a false wall, so they can be unobtrusively added to a room. And they work by absorbing energy by sympathetic vibration, which damps room modes.

Previous Topic: RE: B&C DE200 now with some hours???
Next Topic: Problem with PiSpeakers online store
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Mon May 13 22:38:30 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout