Home » Audio » LSAF » Question about LSAF
Question about LSAF [message #5068] Mon, 13 April 2009 10:35 Go to next message
SteveBrown is currently offline  SteveBrown
Grand Master
I've been toying with the idea of having an "audio garage sale" in my room at LSAF. Any extra registration requirements, or "rules" about that? Or... maybe if there is enough interest, there could be a larger room dedicated to a "swap meet" kind of thing?

Re: Question about LSAF [message #5069 is a reply to message #5068] Mon, 13 April 2009 11:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
FredT is currently offline  FredT
Illuminati (1st Degree)
Sounds like a great idea! I doubt there would be any larer rooms available since a group must earn the use of a conference room by promising so many reservations or by renting it at a fairly high price, but it would be nice if somebody set up their room as a swap room.

Re: Question about LSAF [message #5070 is a reply to message #5069] Mon, 13 April 2009 13:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Grand Master
I'll volunteer mine. However, since my wife will be with me, let's not call it a "swap room" - might not go over well. Then again... no, bad idea. Or we could even have a couple of them but publish what the numbers are so people know. The issue is they are likely not to be on the same floor as the rest of the demo rooms, so folks would need to go out of their way a bit. Anyway, I'm looking forward to pruning the equipment list a bit!

Swap Meet Room [message #5071 is a reply to message #5070] Mon, 13 April 2009 13:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

Name confusion and WAF, oh, man that's funny! Sounds like a Rodney Dangerfield skit.

Re: Question about LSAF [message #5074 is a reply to message #5068] Fri, 17 April 2009 21:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Shane is currently offline  Shane
Illuminati (3rd Degree)
Sounds good to me, Steve. Keep me updated with what you decide to do.

My room [message #5075 is a reply to message #5070] Wed, 22 April 2009 20:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Illuminati (3rd Degree)
Steve, I booked a room that should be within the block, but don't plan on having any gear to show at this time. If someone wants to man my room for a swap meet, that's fine with me, cuz I'll need to be out schmoozing the exhibitors

Re: My room [message #5076 is a reply to message #5075] Thu, 23 April 2009 10:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Grand Master
Shane, that's great! Maybe anyone who is interested in doing the swap meet can sign up for times to man the room and that way give us better coverage. I think this would be a much better way than ebay to get rid of some surplus!

Re: My room [message #5080 is a reply to message #5076] Sun, 26 April 2009 21:59 Go to previous message
Illuminati (3rd Degree)
Um, what surplus might you have.....?

You can email me at shanemmail-forums at yahoo dot com.

Previous Topic: Music at LSAF 2008
Next Topic: Ready for LSAF?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 10:42:29 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout