Home » Sponsored » Pi Speakers » 4pi as a wedge monitor
4pi as a wedge monitor [message #43138] Fri, 21 November 2003 00:08 Go to next message
joad is currently offline  joad
Esquire
Hi,

I have been browsing and reading a number of forums but I am still a bit hesitant to what I should buy for my speakers. I want to build some good wedge-type monitors that can handle some load but also be used as full-range speakers in small clubs/venues...

I have looked at the 4pi solution and wonder if I should go for

1. Delta 12 + APT150 + pxb2-3.5
2. Delta 12 LF + PSD2002 + HF290 + pxb2-1.6

What will give me the best sound/price ratio? :-)

Sincerely,

Johan
Sweden

Re: 4pi as a wedge monitor [message #43139 is a reply to message #43138] Fri, 21 November 2003 00:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Oscarl is currently offline  Oscarl
Chancellor
The model with the delta 12lf is the theatre 3pi. if you can get Eminence parts cheap in your country, why not give it a try.
Re: 4pi as a wedge monitor [message #43140 is a reply to message #43139] Fri, 21 November 2003 01:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Esquire
Ok, thanks for the info.

Where can I get the dimensions for the theatre 3pi? Is there a downloadable speaker plan?

Cheers,

Johan

Re: 4pi as a wedge monitor [message #43142 is a reply to message #43140] Fri, 21 November 2003 05:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Oscarl is currently offline  Oscarl
Chancellor
As soon as Wayne sees this post, he will send the plans.
Wayne is normally a Nocturnal creature, when it is normal time for normal things for us (I'm in South Africa) Wayne Is sitting at his PC way across the Atlantic.

Make sure your mailbox can handle big files.

Nevertheless, your choice for a wedge monitor should be perfect. Eminence products are however very expensive if you're not in the US. The delta 12 LF doe not require a very large box, so one will still be able to see the performers on stage. If you stay longer at the asylum, you might be tempted to build the 10 pi road horn. Visit the site www.pispeakers.com and submit your requests to Wayne here for plans. It's free. Wayne does this for the love of speaker building and the love of lunatics like us.

Nevertheless, The professional Pi range has endless possibilities for Pro applications. Stick around and enjoy.

You've got mail! [message #43146 is a reply to message #43140] Fri, 21 November 2003 10:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

Re: 4pi as a wedge monitor [message #43160 is a reply to message #43142] Sat, 22 November 2003 15:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Esquire
Thanks everybory for your help!
I got the plans Wayne, great!

I will look into ordering the eminence stuff, ebay maybe a way to find them at good price, however shipping is a pain...
Has anybody experience with the APT series of HF units, I was looking at the APT150 and it seems like a ok tweeter (?).

See you!

/Johan

Online Purchasing [message #43165 is a reply to message #43160] Sat, 22 November 2003 17:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)
Check the kit prices at the π Speakers shopping cart. By the time you purchase the drivers and horns, the crossover components and all the parts for the cable assemblies, you'll not find 'em any cheaper. The Zobel resistor is a $10.00 part all by itself; The capacitors are all pretty pricey too - like $5.00 a piece for 20uF parts. When you buy the kits, you're getting them at rock bottom prices and we're soldering all this stuff together for you too. Pretty tough to beat, really.
Re: 4pi as a wedge monitor [message #43180 is a reply to message #43138] Sun, 23 November 2003 21:59 Go to previous message
ozzi is currently offline  ozzi
Baron
One last thing though, try to keep to the internal volume if your cabinet is wedge shaped. Otherwise, you may try to buil according to spec and build a small wedge as a stand.
Previous Topic: T/S Measurements
Next Topic: What can I make with this sub box?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue May 14 08:56:37 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout
Smith & Larson Audio