Home » Sponsored » Pi Speakers » Pictures
Pictures [message #42811] Mon, 27 October 2003 01:41 Go to next message
Adrian Mack is currently offline  Adrian Mack
Illuminati (1st Degree)
Hey everyone,

Here are some pictures of my half-way completed towers for the 2225's, 2370's HF horns, and also my own midrange horns I built. These towers arn't finished yet, but pictures are always fun, right? So here they are!

Above picture shows the bottom part of the enclosure. It goes inside the outer panels, which is Tasmanian Oak.

Here are the front baffle boards for the enclosures. On the bottom is the JBL 2225 15" hole, the middle is the hole for the tractrix horn,
and the top is the hole for the 2370 horn. Below the 2225 hole there should be two holes for the ports, but I havn't cut them out yet. The 2225H is PiAligned. I'll probably cut the holes for the ports tomorow or something.

Above shows how the front panels are going to attach. Hence you can see what I meant by those boxes going at the bottom. The thing on the right hand side is the other box tipped on its side. You can see the proper veneered bottom has been attached to the plain MDF, so its double layer 18mm MDF.

Above shows the sides of the enclosures. Pre-veneered MDF in Tasmanian Oak! These go on the sides of the boxes like the picture above so you can see how it goes togethor.

Another shot of the front and how it attaches to the 2225H box. Top left hand corner is a block out from my thumb.

The 2225 box has two layers of 18mm MDF for 36mm total thickness for the bass section! It's gonna be heavy overall too. The outer tasmanian oak veneered MDF panels are bevel cut to 45degrees so you cant see the edges. I'll post more pictures when they are done.

Adrian

solid structure [message #42812 is a reply to message #42811] Mon, 27 October 2003 06:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mike.e is currently offline  Mike.e
Illuminati (1st Degree)
its gona look real great i know!

what camera do you use ,digital?

cheers!

Re: solid structure [message #42813 is a reply to message #42812] Mon, 27 October 2003 06:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Illuminati (1st Degree)

I used an Epson PhotoPC600 digital camera. I uploaded compressed jpg's though so quality is less but it makes filesize small so its fast to load. It's a really cool camera though, but it isn't mine :-(

Thanks to all those who have helped me with these speakers!

Re: solid structure [message #42814 is a reply to message #42813] Mon, 27 October 2003 06:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Illuminati (1st Degree)

Not sure if thats the right model number, maybe thats the name of the software I used :P I'm not sure I didn't use my PC to get the pictures. It was an Epson camera still and it did 1024x768 with zoom and fancy stuff like that.
Re: solid structure [message #42815 is a reply to message #42814] Mon, 27 October 2003 07:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mike.e is currently offline  Mike.e
Illuminati (1st Degree)
what are u doing up so late? lol
Excellent [message #42816 is a reply to message #42811] Mon, 27 October 2003 07:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

Those look like they will be absolutely great. Excellent configuration!

What driver will be used in the midrange horn? It's a cone diver, yes?

Re: Excellent [message #42818 is a reply to message #42816] Mon, 27 October 2003 14:55 Go to previous message
Illuminati (1st Degree)

Thanks for the good words. Yep its a cone driver, Eminence Alpha 6.

I think at 120db that horn loaded alpha 6 only uses like 0.2mm of excursion where I'm using it :P

Adrian

Previous Topic: my system..
Next Topic: check out these speakers on Audiogon.
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri May 03 13:52:27 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout
Smith & Larson Audio