Home » Sponsored » Pi Speakers » has anyone heard of madison speakers??
has anyone heard of madison speakers?? [message #41710] Thu, 26 June 2003 19:09 Go to next message
Don17 is currently offline  Don17
Chancellor
On the internet, I stumbled upon this webesite where the drivers look almost look like JBL and Ev's. Steelsound.com sells their products really cheap!!!!!!!!!! I mean something like a cast frame 21" driver for only 150 dollars!!!!!!!!! Do you think that madison speaker is just another one of those speakers whose specs are over rated for the cost?? Has any one of you used their line of drivers and found them worth it???
Re: has anyone heard of madison speakers?? [message #41729 is a reply to message #41710] Sat, 28 June 2003 03:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
macyar@attbi.com is currently offline  macyar@attbi.com
Esquire
Hi, I'm new to Pi Speaker Forum and haven't received my confirmation by mail yet, however, I wanted to tell you of my experience w/Madison Speakers. They make their own drivers and they are quality! The company is going through a transition now, however, their speaker designs, components, and dedication to quality is very high! They cut-out the middle man and savings are spectacular! I own 2 of their 10" bass drivers and they are superb! Just because they are made in Loveland, CO don't discount their high quality! Thanks for the opportunity to sound off about a quality company and drivers I have been dealing with for many years!
Michael A. Collins
Re: has anyone heard of madison speakers?? [message #41734 is a reply to message #41729] Sat, 28 June 2003 11:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Don17 is currently offline  Don17
Chancellor
do you think the one of the executioner 18s would be ok for me for live sound in auditoriums????
I'm about to do a design using the Knight 10" on Pialign. [message #41739 is a reply to message #41710] Sat, 28 June 2003 23:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
-3db is currently offline  -3db
Esquire
Yes, heard of them, and amazed at the price/quality ratio.

So, have I built, or bought anything yet: No.

But I beginning the design, and will let you know my results w Madison, and Steel Sound, who carrys their line

Good Luck,
Sincerely,
-3db

Re: has anyone heard of madison speakers? [message #41745 is a reply to message #41734] Sun, 29 June 2003 12:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
macyar@attbi.com is currently offline  macyar@attbi.com
Esquire
Hi Don, after checking on both the Executioner and ExecutionerX drivers both would do well for your needs! The cabs/enclosure is the key for the 2 drivers. Standard reflex (i.e.,port/slot) or bin loading might be best for Executioner 18. The Executioner 18X would make a lethal sub-woofer if your needs were so inclined! Scoop bins or cabs would be another excellent answer for live and/or auditorium size venues. You get the benefits of both horn loading and direct radiation. These 18's can take constant amounts of high power w/o failure and are solidly built! I hope this info. has been of help Don and God bless!
Re: has anyone heard of madison speakers?? [message #42114 is a reply to message #41729] Wed, 06 August 2003 09:12 Go to previous message
JR313 is currently offline  JR313
Esquire
Hi, I stumbled on this thread, I have had nothing but negative experiences with madison, speaker hole, sirus one, leigion sound, all that are based out of loveland, CO. they do not make the drivers, they are all imported from overseas. Nippon is the company I believe. www.nipponamerica.com I have purchased several Items from them including 4 15" knights that droped the magnents when the box got tipped over. The're products were also mis represented by some of their retailers, and instead of an 3/4" all Plywood box you got a 5/8" particle board piece of junk. They didn't even have crossovers just a 47ohm resistor in series with the HF driver to attenuate it. I would have to disagree that their products are high quality, based on my expierience. However for the price you are gettig what you payed for.

JR

Previous Topic: Wanna hear something funny?
Next Topic: Amazing new bass contour control
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu May 09 16:52:40 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout