Home » Sponsored » Pi Speakers » Horn Lens for Theater 4 Pi - Eminence H295 ?
Horn Lens for Theater 4 Pi - Eminence H295 ? [message #34508] Fri, 21 December 2001 04:06 Go to next message
Super_BQ is currently offline  Super_BQ
Baron
Hi Wayne,

I can't seem to find a supplier of the Peavey CH-3 or the Eminence H290 horn lens. I won't bother looking at the JBL as the prices here in New Zealand for JBL pro-gear is out to lunch.

Can the Eminence H-295 be used (link below as some specs). If so, what performance loss would I get compared to the H290 ? It seems like both horn lens are similar?

http://www.speakerrepair.com/Merchant2/merchant.mv?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=genem&Product_Code=H295&Category_Code=Horns

Re: Horn Lens for Theater 4 Pi - Eminence H295 ? [message #34509 is a reply to message #34508] Fri, 21 December 2001 09:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Rider is currently offline  Rider
Baron

I've got the Eminence H-295's on a pair of PI-7's.

I got these from George (Replay) who originally thought they were good, moved them to another room and wasn't impressed, then I moved them to my place where they were pretty good. I added some compensation to the high frequency part of the network and think they're good now.

From this experience I would say the affect of the CD flares (like the H295's) are more dependent on the shape of the room than biradial flares. I would guess CD flares of the H-295's work better in "longer" rooms (feel free to jump in Wayne). When George thought the speakers were least impressive he was about 9' away from them. In my living room I usually sit about 20' away. (If I wanted to sit in the "sweet spot" I'd have to lie down on the pool table :-)).

I think the H-295's sound great, but I'm probably prejudiced.

Grant Marshall.

Re: Horn Lens for Theater 4 Pi - Eminence H295 ? [message #34511 is a reply to message #34508] Fri, 21 December 2001 11:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)
I'd stick with the H290 or CH-3. Maybe hold out, keep looking and I think you'll find some of one or the other.
Re: Horn Lens for Theater 4 Pi - Eminence H295 ? [message #34533 is a reply to message #34508] Tue, 25 December 2001 08:14 Go to previous message
BrianG is currently offline  BrianG
Baron
Partsexpress.com has the H290. They are a mail order outfit.

Brian

Previous Topic: Wooden Horn Update
Next Topic: Ohm - Drivers for Theater 4 Pi
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sun May 19 14:42:46 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers