Home » Audio » Pro Sound » Seymour Duncan 84-50 Reverb
Seymour Duncan 84-50 Reverb [message #27234] Mon, 27 February 2006 08:50 Go to next message
chris is currently offline  chris
Baron
Hi everyone,

I just picked up a Seymour Duncan 84-50 Quadratone amp chassis cheap off ebay - a 1990s 50w (at 5% THD...) all tube amp using a quartet of EL-84s in the ouput stage. I've managed to get the amp working but unfortunately the original reverb spring didn't come with it.

I have a type 4 Accutronics unit but it seems the input and output impedance (both about 200 ohms) are too low to match to the amp.

Does anyone know which model spring would originally have been fitted? Seymour Duncan sent me the schematic for the amp (which was very nice of them) but it doesn't specify what model was used...

Thanks

Chris

Re: Seymour Duncan 84-50 Reverb [message #27248 is a reply to message #27234] Mon, 13 March 2006 04:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hermann is currently offline  Hermann
Esquire
Hi Chris,
I had a broken reverb spring in my 84-50. I replaced it with an Accutronics 8BB2A1B, which I had from an old Musik Man RD 110-50, and it worked.
I have a question. I contacted Seymour Duncan an asked them to send me a schematic, but they did not respond. Would it be possible for you to send me the schematic vie e-mail, (as pdf)?
Thanks
Hermann

Re: Seymour Duncan 84-50 Reverb [message #27407 is a reply to message #27234] Fri, 13 April 2007 23:08 Go to previous message
davidlloyd is currently offline  davidlloyd
Esquire
Could you please send me a copy of the circuitry plan> Mine is broke and I cannot find a UK replacement part . Thanks David

Previous Topic: Hornsub shootout
Next Topic: Marshall vs 65 has barely no sound even with new tube
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 11:02:43 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout