Home » Audio » General » AIWA CX-NMT240
AIWA CX-NMT240 [message #26640] Mon, 27 August 2007 23:39 Go to next message
Gman is currently offline  Gman
Esquire
Does anybody know how to stop the AIWA CX-NMT240 surround sound system from automatically dozing off every few minutes? The "Jogger" dial gives NO such option (what genius thought of this insane feature?). The accompanying manual (for model NSX-MT241) gives the stepS how to turn ON "econo-mode"; but the one step given to disable the energy saving feature fails.

AIWA is a giant company with no support forum at its site and the company's manuals are an insult. I'll NEVER buy another AIWA product.

By some fluke, I had the feature turned off once; and it ran for a whole movie, even at low volume. But I accidentally pressed some button on the remote control and can't reverse it. Does anybody know the secret to stopping this #$&!?! thing from shutting down, presumable to save a penny every month?

Re: AIWA CX-NMT240 [message #26641 is a reply to message #26640] Tue, 28 August 2007 08:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

You can't disable the power saving feature? Try cycling the power. That may allow you to reprogram the unit. Otherwise, if you're doing what the manual says, it may be broken. I had a car stereo like that once - You couldn't set the clock. All other features worked but it wouldn't enter the clock setting mode. The only way to do it was to wait until noon or midnight and remove power at that time.

Re: AIWA CX-NMT240 [message #26642 is a reply to message #26641] Sat, 01 September 2007 14:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Esquire
Thanks for your kind response. I discovered that if I disconnect power to the unit, the remote control once again allows me the option of disabling the ridiculous "economode" feature that shuts off the audio every few minutes. My AIWA audio system is working fine again. Man, the electronics industry surely could use some tech writers with a command of basic English.

Best regards,
Gman

Re: AIWA CX-NMT240 [message #26643 is a reply to message #26642] Thu, 06 September 2007 16:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
dB is currently offline  dB
Master
" Man, the electronics industry surely could use some tech writers with a command of basic English. "
Gman

The guys at IBM probably wouldn't like it... because it would take to much resources.

Re: AIWA CX-NMT240 [message #26645 is a reply to message #26643] Fri, 07 September 2007 15:01 Go to previous message
Esquire
I guess you are correct. Running a grammar check to make sure a sentence contains a verb would be cost-prohibitive (to hell with the product user!).

Previous Topic: Hello from Reno Nevada!
Next Topic: will you go to a Pavarotti?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue May 07 11:32:16 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout