Home » Audio » Speaker » Not an expert......
Not an expert...... [message #23537] Tue, 13 March 2007 09:56 Go to next message
Marlboro
Illuminati (1st Degree)
This is a pretty quiet forum. In the process of my learning about arrays, selecting speakers, and actually building an array, and the associated electronic equipment to tri amp them, I've learned quite a bit in a fairly short time(considering all the rest I have to do with my life.)

But when someone posts here, often no one will respond at all for 3-7 days. Rather than have that happen, and since I love internet communciation, I tend to answer with what I know.

I may be wrong, but some discussion is better than none at all. I'm not the expert here. There are others like Rick Craig, Bill Fizmaurice, and Jim Griffin, WHO HAVE FORGOTTEN MORE THAN I ACTUALLY KNOW.

Just FYI, when you read my answers. And if you think I'm wrong, please post your response so I can learn more, and not continue in my ignorance.

Marlboro

Assuming... [message #23549 is a reply to message #23537] Tue, 13 March 2007 22:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Aaron D is currently offline  Aaron D
Chancellor
Since this is a slow forum I am assuming this might be regarding the post directly below. If not disregard.

I am not an expert either but I am not the least bit worried about it. Your post did seem somewhat pessimistic but there is (arguably) solid reasoning behind your statements. Unfortunately all of those issues cannot be addressed in the budget I am working with. Hell, even $100k speakers have compromises somewhere. This is a slow forum but it is dedicated to a narrow niche but has some of the best support we could hope for (both in knowledge and willingness to share that knowledge). I have thick skin and I knew you were trying to be helpful so I did not think much of it. If anything we covered the same topics in a differernt way that hopefully might give someone else a greater perspective for their next project. One nice thing about the slowness of this forum is that it makes everythng easily digestable to newcomers compared to some of the other forums that have hundreds of posts on a single topic.

We are all here to learn (that probably goes for the smart ones on the board too).

Aaron D

there may be many quiet readers [message #23554 is a reply to message #23537] Thu, 15 March 2007 09:58 Go to previous message
lcholke is currently offline  lcholke
Viscount
And the number of hits to this site are not shown.

Maybe every one is out listening to their array

-Linc

Previous Topic: Why Are Some Line Array's So Midrangey And Foreward Sounding ?
Next Topic: Horn Depth & Mouth Diffraction
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri May 03 05:36:27 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout