Home » Audio » Speaker » How much room do Array's require?
How much room do Array's require? [message #22955] Tue, 28 March 2006 19:32 Go to next message
dbishopbliss is currently offline  dbishopbliss
Chancellor
My listening/home theater room is 11 x 14 feet set up so speakers are along the 11 foot wall. The speakers can only really be 18-24 inches off the walls.

I'm intrigued by the large sound-stage described in Jim Griffin's paper, but feel that the reflections of the walls would probably ruin it.

Thanks for your comments.

Re: How much room do Array's require? [message #22956 is a reply to message #22955] Thu, 30 March 2006 19:06 Go to previous message
Jim Griffin is currently offline  Jim Griffin
Master
My downstairs development/listening room is only 12' x 15' in area. I place my arrays along the long wall so I routinely listen in a space about the same size as yours. While 6 feet tall arrays could fill a much larger room, they sound great even in the small space that I have.

By the way, if you are in the Tulsa area for the Great Plains Audiofest in early May, I plan to attend and will have a set of arrays in a small (I think only 10' x 12') hotel room. That will be interesting.

Jim

Previous Topic: Goldenvoice speakers
Next Topic: DIY exponential/radial horns part
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue May 14 03:38:17 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers