Home » Audio » General » Interesting Article
Re: Interesting Article [message #2205 is a reply to message #2203] Thu, 08 September 2005 17:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Manualblock is currently offline  Manualblock
Illuminati (13th Degree)
Point well Taken. In fact a couple of us were commenting on how good it is that these people are more vocal and recieve more airtime. Now we see what is lurking in the shadows.
So you're right let them show their ignorance to the world.

Re: Interesting Article [message #2206 is a reply to message #2202] Thu, 08 September 2005 18:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Manualblock is currently offline  Manualblock
Illuminati (13th Degree)
Another good point. Do you get criticism? Whats the point. I get so now if it doesn't grab me quickly I just let it go. I get more excited when exposed to new music.

Re: Interesting Article [message #2207 is a reply to message #2202] Thu, 08 September 2005 21:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mike.e is currently offline  Mike.e
Illuminati (1st Degree)
the pcabx.com website,the guy who started the pc based ABX program,Art,hes all for TRAINING people to hear the differences. I think that this is half the problem.

If it sounds different,people have to get used to it. Im going to take a look at Malcom hawksfords stuff.

Im interested in this thing,as it affects the listening experience so much. The article you posted at the start of this thread is interesting,un suprising to me,but I need proof as things that make sense,arent always right and are still unproven. But then I dont want thousands of AES papers to buy I cant win can I !

regards
Mike.e

Re: Interesting Article [message #2213 is a reply to message #2202] Mon, 12 September 2005 08:45 Go to previous message
akhilesh is currently offline  akhilesh
Illuminati (3rd Degree)
Fred T wrote:
"Virgins are easier to please than whores."

There's 2 ways to look at that, Fred:
1. A newbie may be easier to excite than a jaded audiophile and hence easier to please,
2. A newbie may not know what they want, and be indifferent to the nuances of the system, whereas an experienced audiophile will know exactly what they like, and look for that, and be pleased wit hat least some of the systems.
My own experience with newbies has been that they are totally indifferent to systems, and as such, are harder to please, since they don't really WANT to be pleased.
-akhilesh

Previous Topic: A few words of thanks
Next Topic: headphone use
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed May 15 03:40:04 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers