Home » Audio » General » What'ja get your sweeties for Valentines Day?
What'ja get your sweeties for Valentines Day? [message #215] Sat, 14 February 2004 17:25 Go to next message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)
Get 'em a movie DVD, did'ja? Or how 'bout a romantic music CD?

We're always talking about WAF, and I figure one of the best ways to get WAF is to get 'em a bunch of chick flicks to watch!

But Alona just got a bunch of Russian music on vinyl, so this day brought candies instead.

Re: What'ja get your sweeties for Valentines Day? [message #216 is a reply to message #215] Sun, 15 February 2004 08:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Manualblock is currently offline  Manualblock
Illuminati (13th Degree)
Wayne The concept of bonding with your honey over some nice chick flicks is great, the only drawback is you actually have to watch them. I prefer war movies, then they get bored and you have a chance!

Re: What'ja get your sweeties for Valentines Day? [message #217 is a reply to message #216] Sun, 15 February 2004 09:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Illuminati (33rd Degree)
There's a radio spot playing here that makes the suggestion that the guy loves going to chick flicks with his wife because that's where he gets his best sleep.

To make both of you happy, check out the 2001 movie "Pearl Harbor." It's really a love story dressed up to be an action film.

It's long, but the gals love the romance story and the guys love the cool planes.

Re: What'ja get your sweeties for Valentines Day? [message #218 is a reply to message #217] Sun, 15 February 2004 12:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Manualblock is currently offline  Manualblock
Illuminati (13th Degree)
Took a break from audio and read "GHOST SOLDIERS", put some perspective on things. Pearl Harbor; To much love story not enough planes! She tried to get me to see House Of Sand and Fog but I was rescued by the sister-in-law just in time!

A large order of Chicken McNuggets [message #219 is a reply to message #215] Sun, 15 February 2004 12:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sue Kraft is currently offline  Sue Kraft
Chancellor

He was quite appreciative!

Re: A large order of Chicken McNuggets [message #220 is a reply to message #219] Sun, 15 February 2004 13:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Illuminati (33rd Degree)
Murphy must be one happy dog.

Hey Suzy - I clicked properties on the image file and saw the domain was www.BimmerBabe.com. Is that your website? You must be a BMW enthusiast.

Did you see the post in the Car Audio forum about the tube stereos for cars? I thought those were out in the fifties. Back then, they used mechanical vibrators and transformers to make a high voltage supply. Now they undoubtedly they use a switching supply instead. Anyway, those tube car stereos look interesting. Maybe you could get one in on review.

Back to BMW's - What do you think of David Hobbs? Is he still sportscasting? I used to know Peter Gregg in the 70's when he and Hobbs were big IMSA rivals. But I haven't followed Hobbs career. Do you know what he's been up to?

Used to be a BMW enthusiast... [message #221 is a reply to message #220] Sun, 15 February 2004 15:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Chancellor
...but kind of getting away from it now. Bimmerbabe.com is my domain, but I never developed the web site. Just use it for posting pictures once in awhile. My main BMW web site is www.bmw-m.net. Quite a bit of info there, and still run the E36M3 mailing list from that site. My latest "hot rod" (1988 Dinan turbocharged M5)is pictured on the home page. Sold that car a few months ago so now I'm left with only a bone stock '89 BMW 325ix as a daily driver.

Re: Used to be a BMW enthusiast... [message #222 is a reply to message #221] Sun, 15 February 2004 16:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Illuminati (33rd Degree)
That's a great looking car. Your www.bmw-m.net site is really nice too!

I was around Porsches all my life 'cause Dad opened and ran the dealership here in Tulsa. That's why we were friends with Peter Gregg - He and his wife ran the Brumos dealership in Florida. So I've been around the Beamers too - Porsche and BMW are sort of like stepchildren, as are Audi's and Volkswagons.

I got on an American V8 kick because one of my life-long buddies is an ME that always built hotrods when we were in school. After college he moved towards the exotic, but I moved away from them and back towards the stuff he was building before then. That's why I'm running old school stuff now days.

Kinda funny - When big American cars were in, I was driving foreign sports cars. Now that the little foreign cars are in, I prefer the 500HP big iron, kicking and bucking. I just like having some variety, I suppose.

The only time I see a P-car around here... [message #223 is a reply to message #222] Mon, 16 February 2004 04:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Chancellor
...it's in my rear view mirror ;-)

Of course, now that the turbo M5 is gone, have to carry a bottle of nitrous in my purse.

Re: The only time I see a P-car around here... [message #224 is a reply to message #223] Mon, 16 February 2004 09:10 Go to previous message
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

Previous Topic: How'd they do it?
Next Topic: Sony DVP-S9000ES Video Off problem
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue May 14 20:49:02 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers