Home » Audio » Speaker » Rounded Bends vs. Flat Reflectors in Folded Horns
Re: The Movement of Waves and Particles [message #19157 is a reply to message #19156] Thu, 08 March 2007 13:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Bill Wassilak is currently offline  Bill Wassilak
Illuminati (1st Degree)
Give me a little time I might be able to find something, that was 25 years ago that design was out, but I don't think they ever patented it. Hill Brotheers built there own speakers, 3 channel amps to power them, and there own mixing consoles at the time.

Re: The Movement of Waves and Particles [message #19159 is a reply to message #19148] Thu, 08 March 2007 20:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Bill Wassilk is currently offline  Bill Wassilk
Chancellor
I couldn't find any pictures, but I don't think you have to worry, there box was a full range box about 45Hx30Wx24D. Malcolm Hill retired in 1992 but his son is running rock-tech the links at the bottom. Contact him he should have plenty on the old systems. But here's what I found out on the web so far.

From some web-site:
The sound contractor for this festival was Malcolm Hill. Hill Audio was a well-known native company based in Hollingbourne, U.K. In the great Tradition of the Times the company was named after, owned and run by Malcolm Hill. Malcolm and his employees designed and purpose-built a great deal of the equipment in his own shop. Speaker cabinets, power amplifiers and mixing consoles were all custom made and proprietary.

From Prosoundweb:
I guess it works with the Hill PA system(3 12", 2 10" and 1 2" motor on a 60x90 horn and the sub was another 12" in a short box that has the same footprint as the HI/Mid box.

Thanks Bill [message #19160 is a reply to message #19159] Fri, 09 March 2007 13:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
DMoore is currently offline  DMoore
Baron
Actually, it doesn't have to be patented, just published or sold to the public to be considered prior art which could effect the patentability of the "new" design.

I think I'm safe, but it's almost impossible to tell these days, with all of the participating nations in the patent system.

I ran into a Japanese patent on one of my other applications, how in the world does one search for that?! Doesn't seem to be quite right to me.

Dana

Re: The Movement of Waves and Particles [message #19161 is a reply to message #19155] Fri, 09 March 2007 21:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Cuppa Joe is currently offline  Cuppa Joe
Viscount
There's a few W-horn designs that can pass a decent amount of mids, but they're not really SUBwoofers either. It seems like you can't really have the best of both worlds in one horn.

Sure, let's check out the possibility of a get-together. If you're not too far north, and we have some ideas to kick around, it could be fun! There must be coffee or beer. Or both.

Re: The Movement of Waves and Particles [message #19167 is a reply to message #19161] Mon, 12 March 2007 18:50 Go to previous message
DMoore is currently offline  DMoore
Baron
Basically Lynnwood (more or less)...

Wait a few weeks, and we'll have a variety of "things" to listen to!

Dana

Previous Topic: Amp for array
Next Topic: Intercom replacement speaker needed
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Mon May 20 03:32:54 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers