Home » Audio » Speaker » someone listen to She'sSo Heavy (Abby Road)
someone listen to She'sSo Heavy (Abby Road) [message #15589] Mon, 01 October 2007 00:59 Go to next message
Fred is currently offline  Fred
Esquire
The reason I ask is My speakers, when about 3/4 through the song John Lennon more less screams YeaH!!!.And through my so called high end speakers I get some harmonics .sounds like distortion..any one else notice this in that song?

Re: someone listen to She'sSo Heavy (Abby Road) [message #15590 is a reply to message #15589] Mon, 01 October 2007 08:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

Is your source vinyl or CD? The reason I ask is I've heard worn out records make that kind of sound. Certain vocals become distorted first.

Re: someone listen to She'sSo Heavy (Abby Road) [message #15591 is a reply to message #15589] Thu, 04 October 2007 17:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sacback is currently offline  sacback
Baron
I think it might just be your speakers to be honest with you because my speakers have done the same thing from time to time but on a different song.

Re: someone listen to She'sSo Heavy (Abby Road) [message #15595 is a reply to message #15590] Sat, 06 October 2007 14:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
willyable is currently offline  willyable
Viscount
That is true, I found that alot of my records which was vinyl were sounding very funny for some reason. I didn't think with the proper carae that they would actually good bad but I guess over time thats what happens.

Re: someone listen to She'sSo Heavy (Abby Road) [message #15597 is a reply to message #15589] Tue, 16 October 2007 08:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ricardo is currently offline  Ricardo
Viscount
If you're hearing the distortion on CD, isn't it possible that it was more noticeable in the digital format, due to a wider frequency response?

I remember reading disclaimers on albums about "exposing the limitations of analog" or something like that, that were recorded in analog, but remastered to digital.

I'm sure the Abbey Road album had the best of the best engineers, don't get me wrong.

Re: someone listen to She'sSo Heavy (Abby Road) [message #15615 is a reply to message #15589] Sun, 18 November 2007 12:50 Go to previous message
theo is currently offline  theo
Esquire
No, that distortion is on the recording. I've noticed it on vinyl and CD for years. There are some other examples of Lennon's vocals breaking up because he's just belting it out so hard. Check when he belts it out on the end section of Happiness is a Warm Gun. Same thing, maybe not quite as pronounced. There are other examples too, just can't think of them right now. I think John liked it that way. And didn't those old tube mics they used then breakup like that when you really pushed them?

Previous Topic: The Zigmahornets
Next Topic: Which speakers are those?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Mon May 06 03:28:27 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout