Home » Audio » Speaker » Strange bedfellows
Strange bedfellows [message #15314] Sat, 15 July 2006 23:28 Go to next message
MWG is currently offline  MWG
Grand Master
Tonight I was fooling around and making my 337th change when I decided to use the Maggies as wings on the Valencias. I hooked the Maggies up to the M-50 amp and left the Vals on the MC-2505. Once I adjusted the sound levels with a meter things started sounding pretty good.

Placement of the Maggies is critical and it took a while to get it close. I think with two people it would go a lot quicker. Hopefully I can con someone else into coming over and getting another opinion.

Re: Strange bedfellows [message #15315 is a reply to message #15314] Mon, 17 July 2006 08:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

Don't the Valencias cause sympathetic vibrations on the membrane of the Maggies?

Re: Strange bedfellows [message #15316 is a reply to message #15315] Mon, 17 July 2006 19:45 Go to previous message
MWG is currently offline  MWG
Grand Master
Probably as they damn near blew them over Some day I'd like someone who really knows sound to listen to some of my junk and tell me exactly how it sounds. Not that I'll change a thing but I'm curious to know if my sound tastes are anywhere near normal.

I think I may in my own reality with my setup Which is a good thing because the only one I really have to please is myself. Not the general poplulation

Previous Topic: Understanding crossover usage
Next Topic: BFB speaker
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue May 07 14:44:41 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout