Home » Audio » Source » Red trumpet and classic records
Red trumpet and classic records [message #12297] Fri, 01 July 2005 21:31 Go to next message
Russellc is currently offline  Russellc
Illuminati (1st Degree)
recently ordered from Red Trumpet for the first time and was wondering about a couple of things. I received both the mono as well as stereo versions of john coltrane "Blue Train" both albums were well packed in the same container. These are put out by Classic Records, whose quality control is a little spotty to me. Their Miles Davis Kind of Blue on 200 gram vinyl sounds great, but has more ticks and pops than carter has pills. Santana "Shaman" was dead quiet( also 200 gram). I have read posts on other forums about kind of blue's (classic records version) tic and pop problem. so when I ordered both mono and stereo blue train, again classic records 200 gram vinyl, I wondered how it would come out. Well upon opening all appeared well, and in fact both versions played quietly. The mono version is bowled however. On one side, its nice and flat on the table, but the other way the only part in firm contact with the platter is the label area. It is not extreme like it was in an oven or anything, but you can see daylight under the play part. anyone know Red Trumpets policy on this? Ihave emailed them requesting they replace it. I will shortly have a teres clamp (until I can get Scillia's Clamp) The teres clamp puts a small spacer under the album, then the clamp goes on top, supposedly correcting bowling. whatever, why should a 200 gram audiophile recording be bowled? Never dealt with red trumpet before, but Mymusicfix once gave me some grief about a straight up replacement. I opened santana Abraxas 180 gram to find some kind of slime smeared on the album that all but wouldn't come off. Assuming it would be "no problem", I emailed them about the problem and went ahead and bought another copy to expedite receiveing the record. They told me they had a "one return per customer" policy and did I want this to be the one time? I kept both copies and decided that was the one time they had to deal with me, never using them again. I am old enough to have been around when vinyl was the medium, and defective pressings occurred and were always replaceable no matter where I shopped. Hopefully red trumpets policy will be to replace defective merchandise. Well, it would appear that perhaps Classic records still may have QC problems. Various heavy pressings from RTI and Analog productions have been trouble free for me, Will post how this works out. Years and years ago, I retailed with JCPenney, we had charge back arraingements with suppliers so that any defective merchandise could be charged back, costing us nothing. What a great tool to build good will with. Anyone brings something back that was truely defective, give them a new one and charge back the old one. won over customers for life!

Regards,
Russellc

Re: Red trumpet and classic records [message #12305 is a reply to message #12297] Wed, 06 July 2005 18:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Illuminati (1st Degree)
As a followup, redtrumpet emailed me and they have shipped out another copy, and prechecked it before sending. What great customer service!
I will continue to buy from retrumpet with confidence. Thought others might like to know about there professional attention to customer service.

russellc

Re: Red trumpet and classic records [message #12315 is a reply to message #12305] Thu, 07 July 2005 14:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Manualblock is currently offline  Manualblock
Illuminati (13th Degree)
But is that still your one return? Do I have that right, because thats pretty scary. I buy from them frequently and haven't had a problem yet but I never knew of that policy.
Getting hard to buy used albums; notice that?

Re: Red trumpet and classic records [message #12319 is a reply to message #12315] Fri, 08 July 2005 12:43 Go to previous message
Illuminati (1st Degree)
No, that was "MYMUSICFIX" that does the "ONE TIME" deal. Redtrumpet appears to be a straightup outfit who stands behind their stuff. sorry for the miscommunication, I was fearing they all were similar in policy but not redtrumpet. they immediately emailed me that a new one was not only sent out, but checked it out before sending it. I just don't use mymusicfix anymore, or at least until they stand behind what they sell, instead of their intertnet store. Usedseemsto vary greatly wih where you are. My friends in seattle are awash in inexpensive used vinyl. again, redtrumpet is gold with me!

russellc

Previous Topic: Teres turntable questions
Next Topic: as the record plays my strobe doesnt show a steady mark
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat May 11 19:55:21 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers