Home » Audio » Source » AR Turntable Gallery Pic of the Week
AR Turntable Gallery Pic of the Week [message #12134] Sun, 01 May 2005 07:17 Go to next message
ddarch44 is currently offline  ddarch44
Chancellor

Through the generosity of a visitor to my site, I was able to acquire an AR ETL-1...the first that I have been able to own (or even touch for that matter.)
There are many upgrades from the AR ES-1, which it resembles slightly. The plinth is several inches larger, the platter is much heavier and chromed, the inner platter bearing is beefier, the armboard features removeable weights to adjust for arm mass, and the speed is electronically controlled. Also, the side boards are solid cherry, not cherry veneer.

The arm is a Sumiko Premiere MMT. The cart is a V-15 Series III with MR stylus.

It is interesting that this table is labeled the "Research Series." I was under the impression is was part of the "Connossieur" series. Anyone have details on that??

I am currently working on maximizing the sound...the inner platter bearing is a little worn and the armboard weight system needs tweaking.

See more pics by following the link. See exact specs on the AR Models page.

Dave

Re: AR Turntable Gallery Pic of the Week [message #12135 is a reply to message #12134] Tue, 03 May 2005 17:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Manualblock is currently offline  Manualblock
Illuminati (13th Degree)
Technically this is sales literature. Your link is the site where you do business;no?

Re: AR Turntable Gallery Pic of the Week [message #12136 is a reply to message #12135] Tue, 03 May 2005 17:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Russellc is currently offline  Russellc
Illuminati (1st Degree)
If the table is offered for sale on his site , yes. If only a "picture from his gallery" no. At least not directly, but since the site does offer turntables for sale, its close. but if only a gallery picture that someone out there sent in, closer to eye candy. If this is going to be offered for sale, yes. Most of the gallery pictures are of tables belonging to various hobbyists. This table belongs to him. How about it vinyle asylum, is this going up for sale?

Russellc

Re: AR Turntable Gallery Pic of the Week [message #12138 is a reply to message #12134] Tue, 03 May 2005 20:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Manualblock is currently offline  Manualblock
Illuminati (13th Degree)
Whats your e-mail. I must talk confidentially.

Re: AR Turntable Gallery Pic of the Week [message #12143 is a reply to message #12135] Thu, 05 May 2005 20:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Chancellor
My site is 90% devoted to being an AR turntable resource and 10% sales offerings. I have never posted a link directly to my sales page on this or any audio discussion board, and never will. What I do post is site updates and gallery pics.

I do this all as hobby, and running the site costs me money for both server use and technical assistance. I have also spent money out of pocket for an upgraded digital camera to take better quality shots, and to purchase AR literature. In addition, I spend up to an hour every day answering technical questions about AR tables at no cost.

If Audiorountable requests that I no longer post links to my site, I will of course comply.

Dave

Re: AR Turntable Gallery Pic of the Week [message #12144 is a reply to message #12138] Thu, 05 May 2005 20:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Chancellor
Refer to the website.

Re: AR Turntable Gallery Pic of the Week [message #12145 is a reply to message #12136] Thu, 05 May 2005 20:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Chancellor
The ETL-1 will have to be pried from my dead stiff fingers....

Re: AR Turntable Gallery Pic of the Week [message #12146 is a reply to message #12145] Fri, 06 May 2005 17:51 Go to previous message
Russellc is currently offline  Russellc
Illuminati (1st Degree)
I can understand that. A rare find and a beautiful table to be sure.

Regards,
Russellc

Previous Topic: tonearm suggestions needed for Luxman PD350?
Next Topic: How much are your records worth?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Mon Apr 29 03:05:41 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout
Smith & Larson Audio