Home » Audio » Thermionic Emissions » Goodwill Amp
Here's one just like mine [message #9988 is a reply to message #9986] Tue, 14 August 2007 12:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Shane is currently offline  Shane
Illuminati (3rd Degree)

Re: description [message #9989 is a reply to message #9987] Tue, 14 August 2007 13:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
granch is currently offline  granch
Viscount
Thanks. This is not the model I thought it was. The one I was thinking of was of the same electronic design but had two full manuals and a full set of pedals - regular AGO (American Guild of Organists) design. The special keys meant you could play it just like a piano only more so in that you could shape the attack and the decay of each note if you had the dexterity. Great fun - if you are into such things. I can't play myself, which is strange since I'm sitting on a mucho big bucks organ myself. Did I say I was an organ nut?

Re: Pics [message #9995 is a reply to message #9981] Thu, 13 September 2007 12:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
metasonix is currently offline  metasonix
Viscount
If you don't object, I am gonna post your photos to Deviantsynth, just because it's fun to bash synthesizer collectors over the head with a 1950 organ full of 6SN7 tubes! Wheee!

Re: Goodwill Amp [message #9998 is a reply to message #9977] Wed, 26 September 2007 12:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sacback is currently offline  sacback
Baron
Sounds like to me you just got a steal.

Re: Goodwill Amp [message #10005 is a reply to message #9998] Mon, 15 October 2007 12:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Crystal is currently offline  Crystal
Viscount
I would buy any goodwill amp. They usually do not cost that much to repair, if repairs are needed.

Re: Goodwill Amp [message #10007 is a reply to message #10005] Mon, 15 October 2007 14:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

Goodwill? Are you guys talking about the same thing? I think Shane was saying he found a tube amplifier out of an old electric organ at a Goodwill thrift store. Sounds like you're talking about a "Goodwill" brand or some such thing. Is that what you're saying?

Re: It's a Baldwin Model 40 "orgasonic" [message #10030 is a reply to message #9980] Thu, 13 December 2007 20:17 Go to previous message
Janet is currently offline  Janet
Esquire
I just bought a model 40 Orgasonic at Goodwill for $10. For the most part the sound is good. I have distortion on the E & F keys on all octives and there is one tube missing. It says clarinte next to the empty socket. The mahogoney cabinet and bench are in very good condition. I want to put this organ in condition so I can learn to play it. I'm looking for information as to where I can get the vacuum tubes that I may need to replace.

I'm retired and live on SS so I can't spend huge amounts of $$.

Can anyone help?

Janet

Previous Topic: Transcendent Audio
Next Topic: Parafeed vs transformer coupled
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 13:09:57 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers