Home » Audio » General » Qubic modular power?
Qubic modular power? [message #84604] Sun, 19 February 2017 07:53 Go to next message
Hylo
Baron
This Qubic "modular system" system (more details) has started showing up in the local Currys. It looks pretty good, plug sockets, surge protectors, USB chargers, audio and network protection modules as modules etc and you just connect them up to make an extension lead with everything you need. It would save me a few sockets and separate units!

It is also really expensive, to the point where I don't want to buy it just to play! Has anyone tried using this stuff? I have my doubts it can be as simple as it looks.
Re: Qubic modular power? [message #84609 is a reply to message #84604] Mon, 20 February 2017 11:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Kingfish is currently offline  Kingfish
Illuminati (1st Degree)
The only complication I can see with that would be at the source. In other words, be mindful of the size of the fuse that serves the socket that thing is plugged into. Especially if all ports are being utilized. You don't want to overload a fuse. Bad things can happen
Re: Qubic modular power? [message #84610 is a reply to message #84609] Mon, 20 February 2017 12:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
gofar99 is currently offline  gofar99
Illuminati (5th Degree)
Hi, A cute device. However a $6 power strip will do the same and you will have enough money left over to pay for a goodly amount of the music of your choice. Rolling Eyes

Good Listening
Bruce
Re: Qubic modular power? [message #84673 is a reply to message #84610] Mon, 06 March 2017 00:11 Go to previous message
Hylo
Baron
I was looking at it as a space saver, you know: two sockets, an audio protection surge protection unit, UPS block etc. but it only comes in a 4 or 6 standard socket base unit and everything adds on to that, it's going to be a bit big clunky for what I want.
Previous Topic: Hearing Tests
Next Topic: How to make laptop sound louder
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 06:15:52 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout