Home » Audio » Speaker » Speaker for all types of music
Speaker for all types of music [message #84272] Sun, 08 January 2017 09:35 Go to next message
Lizah is currently offline  Lizah
Master
How important is it for you to have a speaker that sounds good to all genres of music? I have a friend that listens to nothing but classical and jazz music and his system is set up just for that. When I hear other music coming out of it, like pop, it just doesn't sound right. Do they even make a speaker that sounds great with all types of music?
Re: Speaker for all types of music [message #84274 is a reply to message #84272] Sun, 08 January 2017 21:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

That's the holy grail.

I personally believe it's possible to build a speaker that sounds great with all kinds of source material.

Some - probably most - do not sound good with all kinds of material. Some do not sound good with any material. But it can be done.

Speakers are the hardest part to "get right" though, in my opinion.

Re: Speaker for all types of music [message #84318 is a reply to message #84272] Sun, 15 January 2017 01:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
PianoGrrl is currently offline  PianoGrrl
Baron
I'd never really thought about it, but if I went for a system like that I'd want it to sound good with most kinds of music, so I could just put a CD in and not have to change settings. Aren't most systems set to a medium setting, so they will sound OK with most types of music but aren't optimised to sound great with one?
Re: Speaker for all types of music [message #84462 is a reply to message #84272] Tue, 31 January 2017 12:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ssal is currently offline  Ssal
Viscount
I had never considered that before, either. I had always assumed that 'one speaker fits all' when it comes to sound. It's great that every time I come here I learn something new.
Re: Speaker for all types of music [message #85732 is a reply to message #84272] Thu, 27 July 2017 15:53 Go to previous message
Caitlan is currently offline  Caitlan
Baron
My speaker has always worked well for me, and I listen to an assortment of music. I wasn't even aware that some people have this problem.
Previous Topic: Long lasting speakers
Next Topic: Planar speakers
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 18 19:22:56 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout