Home » Audio » LSAF » What Is LSAF?
What Is LSAF? [message #77945] Fri, 27 September 2013 09:35 Go to next message
Fannie is currently offline  Fannie
Chancellor
I just recently found this site. My husband and I have recently started some DIY home theater work for our new home. We are finding a lot of interesting and helpful information. We have never heard of LSAF. Exactly what is it? Is it geared more for the professional?
Re: What Is LSAF? [message #77947 is a reply to message #77945] Fri, 27 September 2013 21:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
gofar99 is currently offline  gofar99
Illuminati (5th Degree)
Hi, welcome to the forum. I am greatly surprised that 40 people have looked at this and no one responded. I may not be the best to answer but I'll give it a go. It is the Lone Star Audio Fest. It is held annually in Dallas around the first week in May. The last few have been at an Embassy Suites Hotel. The event is open to business, diyers, and really pretty much anyone with an interest in audio. There have been everything from high end audio stores to single individuals with their home made projects. The cost is only that of the room (at special rates). You can sleep with your stuff - many do. Most exhibitors are glad to chat with visitors. I certainly am. I am the VP and designer for Oddwatt Audio (see our section in the commercial section). We like the event (three years in attendance). It gives us a chance to talk with both visitors and other exhibitors. BTW we are really into diy support.

How about some others chime in on this.

Good Listening
Bruce
Re: What Is LSAF? [message #77949 is a reply to message #77947] Sat, 28 September 2013 10:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

I've been swamped, so didn't see this 'til now. But I think you did a fine job of describing it. It's an audio show held every year at the North Dallas Embassy Suites, first weekend in May. We did the first two in the Tulsa Embassy Suites, back in the early 2000s. Then we moved it to Dallas where it has been ever since.

Re: What Is LSAF? [message #79039 is a reply to message #77947] Thu, 23 January 2014 16:22 Go to previous message
RustyC is currently offline  RustyC
Baron
Thanks Gofar. The reason there were so many views and no replies is probably that there are several of us that wanted to ask the same thing and were curious about a full answer. I could figure out that it was some sort of convention, but didn't have any details.
Previous Topic: Are There Other Events Like LSAF?
Next Topic: LSAF 2014
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 05:10:07 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout