Home » Audio » LSAF » New TO LSAF - Question
New TO LSAF - Question [message #67447] Thu, 05 May 2011 15:59 Go to next message
gofar99 is currently offline  gofar99
Illuminati (5th Degree)
Hi Everyone, I am really looking forward to the Fest Very Happy , but as a first timer I have a few questions. Others may have the same questions but are too shy to ask. Rolling Eyes

There must be some rules and restrictions on what we can do. The Hotel certainly doesn't want chaos. Are all the rooms in one section? I assume that we can play music within reason during the hours of operation. Will there be a list or directory available so that everyone can locate who is there and where they are? This sort of goes back to the the first question - if all the rooms are in the same area. What's in the rooms, do they mind if we move it out of the way? Any other thoughts would be helpful as well.

Help. Smile

Good Listening
Bruce
Re: New TO LSAF - Question [message #67449 is a reply to message #67447] Thu, 05 May 2011 17:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
AudioFred is currently offline  AudioFred
Illuminati (1st Degree)
There couldn't be a hotel that's better designed for an audio show.

The rooms open to a giant noisy reverberant 12 story atrium. The atrium is so noisy you have to close your door to hear the system well, which means almost no sound level from your room could possibly disturb anybody else in the hotel other than your immediate neighbor, who probably will be another LSAF exhibitor. So you can play your system at a loud room filling level during show hours without having to worry about disturbing other hotel guests.

The standard $99 rooms are two-room suites, and the only things you might want to move in the front room, where you'll exhibit, are the cabinet the TV sits on and the sofa across from it. The TV cabinet can easily be slid out of the way into the corner nearest the door. You'll only want to move the sofa a foot or so to center it with the system. You could ask the hotel to move this stuff, but I recommmend against that. Just slide it over, and before you check out slide it back to where it was.

Some exhibitors keep the TV cabinet in place and use it as an equipment cabinet. That can work if you don't have too many pieces of equipment, or pieces that are really big, but I prefer the aesthetics of an equipment stand.

And don't be shy about asking other exhibitors for help! The LSAF just isn't the competitive event I've found at RMAF, and exhibitors are happy to help each other.

Re: New TO LSAF - Question [message #67452 is a reply to message #67449] Thu, 05 May 2011 17:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Illuminati (5th Degree)
Hi, Thanks for the info. Nod I'll be bringing a 2X4 folding table, but was kind of hoping that there would be a sturdy table or desk in the rooms. Something to set a turntable on and a solid place for the amplifiers, preamps and such. The TV stand can probably do by moving the TV off it.

Good Listening
Bruce
Re: New TO LSAF - Question [message #67457 is a reply to message #67452] Thu, 05 May 2011 20:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

There are a couple tables that will probably work for you. One is the table that the television sits on. It is a combination unit, with shelves that can serve as places to put other equipment. That's what I usually setup on.

There is also a real sturdy table that serves as a desk and/or dining room table. It's a standard table with four legs and open underneath. Very heavy and sturdy though. I've noticed some people use that table to setup on.

Re: New TO LSAF - Question [message #67463 is a reply to message #67457] Thu, 05 May 2011 22:03 Go to previous message
Illuminati (5th Degree)
Hi, Thanks. That should work. The TT and other stuff isn't real sensitive, but a good sturdy table is helpful. I just didn't think I can get much more in my Forester (everything has to go in boxes to make it stackable). 6 large power amps, 2 or 3 smaller ones, two preamps, an APC power filter/stabilizer, 2 Martin Logan Prefaces, a TT, the OPPO 83 SE, bunches of support stuff...I think you get the picture. Cool Wife has to fit somewhere as well.

Good Listening
Bruce
Previous Topic: LSAF 2011 Planning
Next Topic: LSAF 2011 - Who's Coming?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 05:27:17 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers