Home » Audio » LSAF » Reports from LSAF '09 (People on the scene reporting for ART's sake)
Reports from LSAF '09 [message #59419] Fri, 19 June 2009 10:24 Go to next message
DRCope is currently offline  DRCope
Master
Gooood Morning, ART!

Having read the show schedule too fast, I arrived mid-afternoon Thursday and was ready to go at 5pm, leaving me 22 or so hours to kill before the official START of LSAF '09. As a result, I'm less stressed and better rested than usual, so I thought I'd start a report on the doins here.

To see the bare beginnings, (with periodic additions as the weekend progresses), check out: http://www.triodeandco.us/lsaf09

I hope to get to every room and add it to this report, but if you want to write up a description w/or w/out pix and send it to me at triodedave@mac.com . I'll add it at the end of each day, if not sooner.

Re: Reports from LSAF '09 [message #59420 is a reply to message #59419] Fri, 19 June 2009 15:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

Wow, Dave, thanks for taking the time to do this!

Your system sounds great, by the way.

Also want to put in a plug for Shane - thanks a million for all you did to put this together. Looks like we're going to have a great show this year! Norris too, sadly he can't make it to reap the benefits of his hard work. We're thinking 'bout you!

Seminars [message #59428 is a reply to message #59419] Sat, 20 June 2009 09:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

Don't forget the seminars today:

11:00am - Crossover Electronics 101
1:00pm - Loudspeaker Measurement Seminar

Note that the address for the hotel is 13131 North Central Expressway (map), very near the intersection of I-75 and I-635 in North Dallas. The address shown on the Smith & Larson website is wrong, that's where we met last year so don't be confused. This hotel is much nicer.

See you there!

Re: Reports from LSAF '09 [message #59429 is a reply to message #59420] Sat, 20 June 2009 09:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Master
Thanks Wayne. Some of us have funny ideas about what to do with our spare time!

Your system is kicking butt and taking names, even at conversation-friendly levels this year.

I'd like to suggest that folks who are exhibiting put signs in their windows so people know they're here! In a walk-around this morning I could only be sure about 9 rooms on the 3rd floor. Are there people on other floors?
Re: Reports from LSAF '09 [message #59432 is a reply to message #59429] Sat, 20 June 2009 18:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

Thanks for saying, Dave. I appreciate that from you.

I have the exact same system this year I did last year, but this time I brought subs. Helps to smooth the room modes.

You know, This year I don't know where everyone is. Shane might. He pretty much arranged everything this year, I just suited up and showed up. Seems like he said there were 19 rooms this year.

We've always been sort of a loosely organized group, a grass roots show for sure. One thing we could definitely stand to do is to make some kind of pamphlet or sign that lists the rooms for the guests that show up. That's why I was excited to see that you had started listing the rooms and who's where on your LSAF web page. Seems like each of us gets here and sets up, then what's left of the first day we all scout out the place and meet each other. But by the time we know where everybody is, we're too busy manning our rooms to do anything about it. Laughing

Here are some photos, courtesy of Shane Moore and Jim Rivers:
Re: Reports from LSAF '09 [message #59440 is a reply to message #59432] Sun, 21 June 2009 09:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Master
Another day, another indication that I need to stop assuming and read all the details. I just realized that today (Sun.) exhibiting is optional and checkout is noon. I expect this means most, possibly all, rooms will be packing in the a.m. and gone by noon. I read Sunday and stopped. So I'll be here playing music till probably 5 pm, packing in the evening and shipping out tomorrow.

If you haven't had enough music yet, stop by 306!
Re: Reports from LSAF '09 [message #59444 is a reply to message #59440] Sun, 21 June 2009 10:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

I'm open and playing music in 314, but ony for the morning. I always ask for late checkout, and they've always been happy to oblige. No problem getting a 2:00 checkout, for any of you wanting to stay open for the morning.

A few names not on your list:

Classic Audio
AudioFred (Fred Thompson)
Audio Mirror

Re: Reports from LSAF '09 [message #59445 is a reply to message #59444] Sun, 21 June 2009 11:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Master
I know where Classic Audio is. What rooms are the other two in?

Would it be alright if I borrowed the pix you stored in a directory for use in this site? (With credit, of course.) I'm obviously not going to be able to complete the photo rounds at this point.

Re: Reports from LSAF '09 [message #59446 is a reply to message #59445] Sun, 21 June 2009 11:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

Oh, sure Dave, that's cool with me. We're all in this together!

About room numbers - Sorry, I don't know 'em. I'll bet someone will chime in and provide that info soon though. Right now, most aren't connected to the internet so it may be Monday before they respond.

Re: Reports from LSAF '09 [message #59448 is a reply to message #59429] Sun, 21 June 2009 15:08 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
Melissa Parham is currently offline  Melissa Parham
Chancellor
This is the first year of the LSAF that fast Eddie and did not get to see any of the rooms Confused , and it makes me really sad (wanted to spare the audiophiles the sound of two year olds tantrums). I am glad I got to visit, if only for a moment! Jim Rivers, I can not thank you enough for the music!! You are the Best Ever!! We are currently in the car on the way home, fast Eddie is passed out in the back of the mini van, we are listening to these cd's, I am on my iPhone and realizing just how effort and work you put into making these cd's!! You are the Man!! Happy Fathers Day to you and all the other Dads!!
Previous Topic: Music Heard at LSAF
Next Topic: LSAF 2010 Planning
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 10:24:22 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout