Home » Audio » Speaker » voight pipe plans for 206 Fostex
Re: Opinions on Voigt Pipe [message #20915 is a reply to message #20903] Fri, 13 May 2005 18:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
roncla is currently offline  roncla
Master
Dont believe i would ever make a pipe with an Fc below .707 Fs. And that is streaching it to the limit. I have done it in the past and lost a great amount of resolution in the LF response. Equal to , or better yet, 1.4 x Fs sounds better.
ron

Re: voight pipe plans for 206 Fostex [message #21035 is a reply to message #20896] Sun, 26 June 2005 09:01 Go to previous message
james_b is currently offline  james_b
Esquire
I have a pair of the Decware modified FE206's in a pair of Voigt pipes I built a several months ago based on the Lowther club plans and I think they sound great. I used 3/4" maple ply for the front, sides and base and select pine for the back with the drivers mounted on the vertical and a small angled piece added in the back at about 45 degrees towards the port, and some felt lining the bottom and angled piece. I really have been very satisfied with them. I have the K502 kit tube amp and recently added Voltseconds CCS mods and then triode strapped it, and the sound is much better in triode mode, it really matches well with the speakers. I also swapped out various speaker wire until I found one that seemed to have better bass. I am tempted to build a set of horns though just to swap drivers and compare how they sound.

Previous Topic: Deep Model 16 Loudpeaker system
Next Topic: Component Values for ELF1.5 ?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sun May 19 17:08:02 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout
Smith & Larson Audio