Home » Sponsored » Pi Speakers » Cabbing some Eminence Beta 15s
Standing wave calculator? [message #63982 is a reply to message #63953] Thu, 02 September 2010 14:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
JCDC is currently offline  JCDC
Baron
Do you know of any decent, free standing wave calculator software?

Cheers,
Jeff

PS Yes, I did get the 4 Pi plans, thanks!
PPS Thank goodness the plans are .pdf instead of those large picture files from a few years ago! Smile
Re: Standing wave calculator? [message #63983 is a reply to message #63982] Thu, 02 September 2010 15:50 Go to previous message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

Sorry, I don't know where there are any calculators for this purpose. Martin King had some for a while but I understand he stopped making them available.

You can calculate the positions of standing wave nodes to avoid manually. That's what I used to do. It's a long, boring process but not too hard. It certainly wasn't any more trouble than calculating phase at various listening angles. That's something else I used to do during the design phase. You really had to know that, to know where the forward lobe would be, finding its edges, where nulls would form.

There are lots of things to juggle. In the end, you might find it easier to build a test speaker and measure it, watching for blips in the midrange. Maybe make one with a replaceable front baffle, so if it doesn't measure well, you can put the woofer and/or port in a different location and try again.

Previous Topic: Plan request and THANKS
Next Topic: 2 Pi Tower Speakers - How far from back wall?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue May 07 15:01:59 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout
Smith & Larson Audio