Home » Audio » General » Cool lookin' tube headphone amp (Merry Christmas to me....)
Re: Non-smoking reward [message #61668 is a reply to message #61666] Sun, 03 January 2010 17:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Norris Wilson is currently offline  Norris Wilson
Grand Master
Hey Ron,

I hope you get to feeling better soon, sorry to hear that you are not doing well.

Bill, I quit smoking 32 years ago, and resemble the guy in the SS Fat Guy dingy.
Eating is an easy thing to do to replace a nervous smoking habit.

Stay the course guys, you will be so much better off in the long run.

Norris
Re: Non-smoking reward [message #61672 is a reply to message #61665] Tue, 05 January 2010 12:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
spkrman57
Illuminati (1st Degree)
Wayne Parham wrote on Sun, 03 January 2010 11:01

Steve does such great work! I've been meaning to get an amp from him too.

Yeah, he makes nice amps. The beauty of it is he cares alot how the end result turns out. I have seen him breadbord a amp and just as quickly tear it all down if it don't meet his very high expectations!

Does your neck hurt? Do you have to take special precautions when eating? Or is it specifically just vocal chords, so no talking?

Not when they took care of me in the Cincy VA. The first time the VA in Cols attempted the biopsy/surgery, they were unsuccessful. Not to mention my jaw all the way up to my ears were in pain for 3 - 4 days like someone used a crowbar on my jaw!

On the Edgarhorns and my crossover, it's just that my crossover is designed specifically for waveguides and other CD horns. When using a horn that has collapsing DI, the top end has a little too much sizzle, on-axis. If you sit off axis, it will sound right though.

I use a little less EQ and a lower level on the horns and make sure they are exactly at my ear heighth and toed-in to me exactly for position. It is a very small "sweet spot", but very rewarding when you get the amps and crossovers and speakers just right!

Regards, Ron

Re: Cool lookin' tube headphone amp [message #62033 is a reply to message #61510] Wed, 10 March 2010 08:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Adam20 is currently offline  Adam20
Esquire
yes that is cool looking.
Re: Cool lookin' tube headphone amp [message #62037 is a reply to message #62033] Wed, 10 March 2010 14:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
colinhester is currently offline  colinhester
Illuminati (3rd Degree)
Didn't work when I got it. The LED would vary in brightness and no sound. Refund issued right away, so I was pretty happy about that. The amps then went up to almost $90......pass
Re: Cool lookin' tube headphone amp [message #62245 is a reply to message #61510] Thu, 01 April 2010 15:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
lord is currently offline  lord
Esquire
Hi!
Looks nice, can look at my tube headphone amp.
http://tehnic.ucoz.ru/foto2/0787.jpg
Re: Cool lookin' tube headphone amp [message #62268 is a reply to message #62245] Sat, 03 April 2010 20:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
colinhester is currently offline  colinhester
Illuminati (3rd Degree)
Tell us more. Have a schematic?.....C
Re: Cool lookin' tube headphone amp [message #62287 is a reply to message #61510] Mon, 05 April 2010 05:50 Go to previous message
lord is currently offline  lord
Esquire
I made this amp is the standard schematic diagram.
http://tehnic.ucoz.ru/shems/9584.gif
Previous Topic: Good inexpensive headphones
Next Topic: Thought you guys might be interested in this video
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Mon Apr 29 17:10:17 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers