Home » xyzzy » Dungeon » Eureka!
Re: Eureka! [message #57490 is a reply to message #57488] Tue, 06 December 2005 07:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Leland Crooks is currently offline  Leland Crooks
Master
Exactly. My daughter was a national caliber debater in HS. She just walked on the LMU team and got another 6k for her sophomore year and also gets work study for research. My son is also a national debater, and KU is probably going to do the same for him. He's got a band, and they're staying in the midwest to pursue the band. Easier to get noticed here than on the coast. As long as the grades stay up, Dad's all for it.

Watch that damn fafsa form. Make a mistake and they will make your life hell. Blonde haired, blue eyed country girl from KS had to have a citizenship check courtesy of Homeland Security. Cost us most of the non scholarship financial aid for the sophomore year, due to the delay.

Re: Eureka! [message #57491 is a reply to message #57490] Tue, 06 December 2005 10:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Manualblock is currently offline  Manualblock
Illuminati (13th Degree)
Excellent warning. Thanks; I have another year to go but am studying the process already. Congradgulations on the success of your kids. Nice to see hard work rewarded.

Re: Eureka! [message #57492 is a reply to message #57487] Tue, 06 December 2005 10:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Illuminati (13th Degree)
Popularity doesn't enter the picture here; it's the 120k$ price tag of a good education that motivates us now.
I pray everyday my son doesn't do the kinds of things I did when I was his age.
( Although it sure was fun to do them!)

Re: Eureka! [message #57493 is a reply to message #57489] Tue, 06 December 2005 18:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Bill Martinelli is currently offline  Bill Martinelli
Illuminati (1st Degree)
Yeah, Crain is only 5 hours away and Eastam school of music is here in town.

Re: Eureka! [message #57494 is a reply to message #57490] Tue, 06 December 2005 20:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Bill Martinelli is currently offline  Bill Martinelli
Illuminati (1st Degree)
Same here, thanks for the info. I'll be starting the paper trail in a few years. You must be very happy to see your kids do great things.

Re: Eureka! [message #57495 is a reply to message #57493] Wed, 07 December 2005 06:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Illuminati (13th Degree)
My nephew graduated Crane and got a teaching job in Sag Harbor right out of school.

Re: Eureka! [message #57496 is a reply to message #57480] Wed, 07 December 2005 15:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
akhilesh is currently offline  akhilesh
Illuminati (3rd Degree)
Are you sure they all paid attention in class?

-akhilesh

Re: Eureka! [message #57497 is a reply to message #57496] Thu, 08 December 2005 07:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Illuminati (13th Degree)
Good Catch AK. His little group are all Honors students; he is listed Summa Cum Laude in his school. So it would appear he does pay some attention. Actually I personally am amazed at the dedication of all of his social circle. All we wanted to do in High School was party. You could not get me to even attend HS; I was out 72 days in my last year.
They got tired of suspending me so they told me I could just take the tests and if I passed they would give me a diploma. Can't imagine that happening now and of course I have never told him this little information.

Re: Eureka! [message #57498 is a reply to message #57497] Thu, 08 December 2005 08:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Damir is currently offline  Damir
Illuminati (2nd Degree)
Hehe, "good old days" high school stories...strange days, lot of r`n`r (and other things I don`t want to talk about:-))...

Re: Eureka! [message #57499 is a reply to message #57498] Thu, 08 December 2005 09:06 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
Illuminati (13th Degree)
Say; Damir, who did that song..Rock and Roll High School?
You know..Rock Rock, rock and roll high school.
Lots and Lots of stories on that subject.
When I was a kid they used to let us do arc-welding in shop. The safety rule was if anyone was welding in the booth no one could open the curtain until the red-light went out. Of course that meant total privacy which of course meant the perfect place to indulge in improper activities. And the fumes from the welder masked any other smells. Took some guys an hour to draw a single bead.

Previous Topic: Well Uncle Joe...
Next Topic: Calendar for 2006.
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu May 02 04:49:16 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout