Home » xyzzy » Dungeon » I don't understand this..I thought Iraq had nothing to do with Al Qaeda and terrorists?
Harvard University Commencement Speech [message #56498 is a reply to message #56497] Fri, 15 July 2005 15:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Damir is currently offline  Damir
Illuminati (2nd Degree)
THIS is the nice change of subject:-)

Yeah, go get'em... [message #56499 is a reply to message #56495] Sat, 16 July 2005 02:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
wunhuanglo is currently offline  wunhuanglo
Illuminati (2nd Degree)
Now that the "War on Poverty", the "War on Drugs", and the "War on Crime" are so well in hand we have all the the time and resources we need to go after the new amorphous "War on Terrorism".

I'm confident we'll be just as effective in this one too.

Re: Yeah, go get'em... [message #56500 is a reply to message #56499] Sat, 16 July 2005 07:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Manualblock is currently offline  Manualblock
Illuminati (13th Degree)
The walls are crumbling for these people; Iraq is a write-off, even those sunny stories we used to get from the national press of soldiers winning the hearts and minds and 60% of the country is safe seem lately to have diminished and more truthfull assesments are now emerging of the terrible state that country is in.
If you notice the vitriolic nature of the rightwing media is slowly ratcheting up as they realise the people are waking up to their propoganda. I love it because if you watch the talking heads they are trying to overcome the negativity by increasing the speed of their speech and the hammering of single issue points in every speech regardless of content. Ask about Iraq and they fillibuster and try to force in Supreme Court/Social Security/Hillary Clinton sucks/the Ten Commandments ad infinitem. It shows they hate to have to accept responsibility and it gives the appearence of small children defending their toys with extreme reactions to minor slights. They are sinking their own ship; ain't it great!
Thats why I say let them talk; they are causing the American people to realise how morally bankrupt and desperate they are the more they respond.

"The walls are crumbling for these people" [message #56501 is a reply to message #56500] Sat, 16 July 2005 09:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mr Vinyl is currently offline  Mr Vinyl
Illuminati (1st Degree)
You might have a better case if and when your side wins and election. You guys haven't won one in a while. If the walls are crumbling then the bricks are falling on the liberals heads.

Problem is you guys never debate with facts. Let's take a look at what you seem to be saying in response to my post about catching two Al Qaeda leaders in Iraq. You don't like this fact because it doesn't fit your "Saddam was a nice guy who had nothing to do with terrorists" theory. So you seem to say that the terrorists came into Iraq after the war. Why would they do that? So let's see, a bunch of terrorists are sitting around deciding how they can kill Americans. Their choices are numerous. They can bomb trains, fly planes into buildings etc. But these guys decide "hey, let's sneak into Iraq and fight the full force of the American, British and coalition militaries, yeah that's the ticket! Makes no sense.

I haven't seen any of these so called "sunny stories" from the liberal press you talk about. Please supply a link. Anyone can say anything. Let's see something.

Regarding fillabustering because they don't want to discuss Iraq. Hmm let's see. I bring up Iraq and the terrorist caught there. You change the subject to Carl Rove, then missing social security money (??), then the media not covering for Bush with sonny stories. Seems to me that it is you that is changing the subject.

Let's face it. Your side is losing and losing big time. People are no longer buying the liberal propaganda spewed fourth buy the liberal media machine. The big news networks are losing there grip over the American people. Look at the facts. It's the Democrats that have absolutely no agenda. All they can do is attack the other side. "Don't vote for us because we have good ideas and can solve the countries problems. Vote for us because the other side is bad. Look at all the dirt we dug up on them" Please it doesn't work anymore. You side had control of congress for 40 years! Where did it get us? All of the problems you now complain about.

The problem is your sides agenda is always a failure. Liberal ideas almost never work. Because they are based on feeling good and not reality. "Can't we all just get alone" puke, barf. Saddam was given how many chances to comply with the United Nations resolutions? How many resolutions did he break? 15? 25?. Liberal response "a couple more resolutions and then he will comply you'll see". A joke. What is it they say is the sign of stupidity? Doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different outcome. That pretty much sums up the whole liberal agenda.

Re: "The walls are crumbling for these people" [message #56502 is a reply to message #56501] Sat, 16 July 2005 13:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Manualblock is currently offline  Manualblock
Illuminati (13th Degree)
Our side as you call it ran things from 1992 to 2000. Everyone made money/had fun and got along with the world. Saddam was contained in his little country doing no harm to us. Now what do we have? Our pals in Saudi Arabia who funded and helped Al Qeada. But they helped George when he needed a contract for his oil company. The one he drove into the ground with dumb management.
There are more terrorists coming over the open border to Mexico than are coming here from Iraq. Thats right ; they are just walking on in and setting up for the next 9/11. Where's George? Stealing oil for his buddies at Halliburton. Close to 1800 American boys would still be alive if not for George and his buddies. And we would be safer using those guys to patrol the southern Borders.

I was going to let this go, but [message #56503 is a reply to message #56501] Sat, 16 July 2005 14:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
wunhuanglo is currently offline  wunhuanglo
Illuminati (2nd Degree)
what the hell.

By your twisted, Limbaugh-inspired logic we ought to nuke the UK too - after all there are apparently elements of A-Q or their sympathizers there too.

The presence of bad guys in Iraq doesn't make the Dauphin Prince any less a traitor and a war criminal, and the people loosing in all this mess are the people who can't afford to go to $5000 a plate repugnican fundraisers.

You may be surprised to know that Democratic Senators and Representatives represent more people (numbers of constituents) than do the majority party - one of the sad quirks or the system.

Re: "The walls are crumbling for these people" [message #56504 is a reply to message #56501] Sat, 16 July 2005 15:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Damir is currently offline  Damir
Illuminati (2nd Degree)
"...But these guys decide "hey, let`s sneak into Iraq and fight the full force of the American, British, and Coalition militaries, yeah, that`s the ticket!" Makes no sense..."

It makes perfect sense. Total terror with bombs, snipers, rocket-launchers, and hidden bombs again, every day. I hate to be right in this case, but when the Coalition losses would count in thousends...byebye. If the inhabitants even passive support this "terrorist resistance", even partly - your "full force" (planes, rockets, tanks...) can`t do much.
And "terrorist resistance" have all the time in the world to think "what, where, when", this game can be long...
Again, I`m not "malicious" and hate to be right, but IMO - large mistakes are made in this "War against the terrorism". Is there less terrorism, is Iraq better place now?

Ah but this isn't just Al Qaeda.... [message #56505 is a reply to message #56503] Sat, 16 July 2005 15:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Illuminati (1st Degree)
It is Al Qaeda leaders... Hmm,

You would think the leaders would stay clear wouldn't you???

Your suggestion that Republicans are all rich is silly propaganda. I'm not rich. And I think Kerry, Kennedy and Hillary have a few bucks no?

Re: "The walls are crumbling for these people" [message #56506 is a reply to message #56502] Sat, 16 July 2005 15:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Illuminati (1st Degree)
Hi,

Paleeze, Your side didn't run things from 1992 till 2000. If you recall the real people that make the laws/bills is congress and that was controlled by the Republicans in the time period you mention.

Spare me the oil bit huh. If we wanted the oil we would have taken it during the first gulf war. We didn't take it then and we aren't taking it now.

I agree about the open boarder. But it's the Democrats screaming bloody murder every time someone brings up the prospect of closing our boarders and stopping illegal emigration. Yes that's "illegal emigration" not undocumented workers as the Democrats now want to call them.

Our "boys" as you put, it defended the American way of life. They died with honor protecting this country. Not for oil or anything else but freedom.

Don't worry so much... You're not right..(NT) [message #56507 is a reply to message #56504] Sat, 16 July 2005 15:47 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
Illuminati (1st Degree)
NT

Previous Topic: This is great
Next Topic: Worlds longest thread
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri May 03 13:12:09 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio