Home » xyzzy » Tower » I need info on rca victor model 29
I need info on rca victor model 29 [message #54001] Fri, 04 June 2004 15:11 Go to next message
Dan Jurney is currently offline  Dan Jurney
Esquire
I have an old rca victor model 29 that was my wifes grandfathers. It has been sitting in an old storage shed for some time but is all there.
The good news is this is the kind of equipment I originally started
working on in the seventies doing electronics.
The thing I need is info on parts. I went to antiqueradio and ordered
a schematic and cap kit but also need info on power transformer and tube sites.
most of the wood cabinet is in fair condition, the veneer is bad around the top and dial but I intend to replace that before refinishing. Ihave rca part number 35959 for transformer.
would appreciate any info!!! Thanjs DJ

Re: I need info on rca victor model 29 [message #54002 is a reply to message #54001] Fri, 04 June 2004 16:44 Go to previous message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)
Be sure to check out the Vintage Radio and Vintage Hi-Fi forums here on AudioRoundTable.com. I love to hang out on the Radio forum and discuss old tube radios, repairing them, listening to them, etc. If you can, please post a photo of your Model 29 and the steps you've taken to restore it. Is it a radio or a record player? Maybe a floorstanding console system like a jukebox?

As for parts, you might check with Larry at Approved Audio Service, Eric or Charles at Vacuum Tube Valley or Antique Electronic Supply.

Previous Topic: Oh man talk about fat
Next Topic: Farewell to the Gipper
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Jun 05 15:42:27 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout