Show: Today's Messages :: Unanswered :: Navigator :: Polls
24 Search Results Found
1 Forum: Silicon Valley «» Posted on: Tue, 11 May 2010 10:43 «» By: Wayne Parham
Re: Dual input chip amp
Not exactly what you've asked for - as these are single channel amps - but I've always liked the LM1875 and LM3875 chip amps. They're very easy to use and they sound good. Just run two.
2 Forum: Silicon Valley «» Posted on: Wed, 05 May 2010 22:27 «» By: Wayne Parham
Re: What Should I Look For In A Good Solid State Amp?
If you like tubes, you might try FET amps. Especially if you're into SET, try a Class A FET. On the other end of the spectrum, you could try a digital amp. To my way of thinking, that's a 180° turnaround and I'm personally not into them. But the th...
3 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Mon, 02 November 2009 14:21 «» By: Wayne Parham
Re: Multisubs
I personally use a Class A FET amplifier, the ProFet amp from Selectronic. This requires a low-pass filter in front of the ProFet amp, and I have played with several types from passive line level filters to various off-the shelf devices. The one I ...
4 Forum: Silicon Valley «» Posted on: Wed, 17 June 2009 20:23 «» By: Wayne Parham
Re: Group Build National Semiconductor amp
We may be able to take advantage of pooling our purchase, even if there's not many others interested (even if only we two). I am interested in the OPA404, OPA627 and the LM3875 and/or LM3886 chips. I am going to buy at least a dozen of each of the Burr B...
5 Forum: Silicon Valley «» Posted on: Mon, 14 April 2008 12:21 «» By: Dynavector
Re: Best chip amps
I like the LM3875. 47 Labs used it in their $3K Gaincard. David
6 Forum: Speaker «» Posted on: Tue, 07 November 2006 19:11 «» By: Cheesehead
More info wanted on DCA speaker drivers, and help wanted on 1st horn speakers!
(Note: I THINK that I may have already posted something to this effect...and I can't find it. Hence, I'm posting again.)I am now the proud owner of some DCA drivers! They use ordinary paper drivers and rubber surrounds, but then again, Class-D amplifiers ...
7 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Fri, 22 September 2006 16:27 «» By: Spinjack
Re: No Longer Sold
I looked at the T-Amps (if we are thinking about the smae things, http://www.audiosector.com/lm3875.shtml). Definitely high quality stuff. Peter definitely has an eye for detail.I'm thinking the same thing about those drivers. Though $70 for a pair of Fos...
8 Forum: General «» Posted on: Tue, 05 September 2006 09:03 «» By: wardsweb
I'm there too
I'm bringing some of my standards; Bottlehead S.E.X amp and LM3875 chip amp. I think I'll bring the speakers I got from Fred too. "High efficiency speaker incorporating an Eminence Alpha 8 woofer and a GR Research T-6 tweeter in a 1.5 cu ft tower enclosur...
9 Forum: Pro Sound «» Posted on: Wed, 07 June 2006 11:31 «» By: Wayne Parham
Re: Acoustic Amp
For an easy amplifier, you might use the LM3875 chip. Add a power supply and a volume pot and you have an amp. As for the speaker, you could choose a driver with the sound you like from Eminence or Jensen and run it in an open back cabinet.
10 Forum: Silicon Valley «» Posted on: Sun, 05 March 2006 20:51 «» By: GarMan
Re: Very Good Construction article
I think it's funny how you go all the way to Australia for your projects when you can get some world-class boards right next door from Marchand in Rochester.I'm working on several chip projects simutaneously. Rotating them depending on what parts have co...
Pages (3): [1  2  3    »]

Current Time: Sun Oct 06 08:47:34 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout
Miller Audio