Home » Audio » General » Technology
Re: Technology [message #71150 is a reply to message #71147] Mon, 30 January 2012 20:57 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
gofar99 is currently offline  gofar99
Illuminati (5th Degree)
Hi, In some ways sad, in others not. I like being able to contact someone if there is an emergency. I like the ability of my computers to do complex tasks for me. I like the access to a great deal of media, both video and audio. On the negative side I have great concerns about the effect technology has on interpersonal activities. Many folks would rather text someone than to talk with them. The technology is inadvertently building barriers between people. The skills needed to actually convey information from one person to another when they are face to face are dwindling. Also the distancing created by technology makes it easier to criticize, degrade or in general say (in text) things that probably ought not be said. It seems to reduce the receiver to the status of an extension of the piece of gear doing the communicating and not actually be a real person. Jumping off my soapbox now. Confused

Good Listening
Bruce

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: RCA Victor radio/record player