Home » Sponsored » Pi Speakers » 2 pi tower folding?
Re: 2 pi tower variants [message #62994 is a reply to message #62993] Sun, 30 May 2010 22:03 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
grindstone is currently offline  grindstone
Baron
Well, at my skill level, I'm counting the first two honks and not going high-order.

I mean, to state the obvious, making the volume into anything other than what you designed makes it something else so the question is what makes sense (no answer here, yet). I don't pretend to be making the same thing but more trying to save the most of a good thing while still fitting something into the guy's house.

The Helmholtz is cool, and to radically paraphrase you, a tall skinny box is gonna have modes and they'll need attention...and damping...and care locating port and driver.

Re OS, yeah linux here (slackware). Some *buntu's on other boxes. Probably should have kept a box running the other stuff but it was a partially religious conversion that was strongly motivated at the time Wink

The macro things are always extra work and the older I get the more I respect people that just use whatever tool they need to do their tasks. Life's too short for everything to be a hobby. Convert your files a few times and it's tough to be excited about the world requiring another switch to new formats...which gets back to the OT zealotry thing Smile

hornresp doesn't run crash-free in wine but it runs and always seems to even with all the changes so it's another thing in the world to be really grateful for (like pi speakers, this board, and all the time & energy you spend educating). You must not sleep at all.

I'm probably gonna need to post over on the hornresp thread to figure out how far afield i've already strayed.

As long as I'm here, thanks for making such great things available at such economical prices as the 2 pi stuff. I might not have any idea what I'll end up with yet, but I know that it'd be quite a few dB down if it weren't for your stuff. It makes my whole little gift plan even possible and that's just plain cool.

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message