Home » Audio » Thermionic Emissions » 45 SE
Re: 45 SE [message #11132 is a reply to message #11131] Mon, 20 June 2005 08:45 Go to previous message
akhilesh is currently offline  akhilesh
Illuminati (3rd Degree)
HI John,
The klipschorn is a great design, and I don;t want to alter mine, in homage to the genius of Paul Klipsch, the ultimate DIYer!

BTW, when I say the bass on my 45s is not great, it could have been because of the Khorns, since they are old. I know the corssover needs new caps.
My triamped setup is Not the Khorns, it's a DIY rig, consisting of a hsu vtf-2 sub, a pair of stephens trusonic 80Frs in bass refles cabs (tuned to 40 Hz) and a pair of vifa tweeters (dome).
The crossovers are at 95 Hz, and at 3200 Hz. The 45Se Amp drives the trusonics.

believe me, I LOVe the sound of the SET amps. My 45 Se amp delivers a level of realism and transparency that satisfies me completely. I don;t care what it is, the old fashioned AC heated DHT (like my 45, or a 300 b or a 2a3) offers somethng that is unique. The power supply on my 45 is already quite good (Pi filtered with a choke) , though the power tranny is a bit weak I think (it's a NOS stancor, but not overbuilt).

Good feedback on the JBL movie speakers: I thought they would be good value, but yours is the first review I have seen of it. I hope people consider these, becuase JBL certainly knows how to engineer speakers.

Hey, what do you think about these tripath chip amps? My Khorns sounded pretty good with those.
-akhilesh
-akhilesh

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: Hmmm,,,,,45 or 300B.......45 or 300B......45 or 300B........
Next Topic: Audio Note Kit One cheesecake foto:
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Jun 18 07:05:50 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout