Home » Audio » General » How much is too much?
How much is too much? [message #86095] Sun, 10 September 2017 15:25 Go to next message
GoldenOldie is currently offline  GoldenOldie
Viscount
It has been my experience that I only buy the ones that have a sound that I like regardless of price (pretty much). Questions like "can I live with the sound" are usually on my mind. Other questions you might ask yourself are "can I really afford this system?" Other pending obligations some time keep me from getting the one I want. How about you?
Re: How much is too much? [message #86110 is a reply to message #86095] Wed, 13 September 2017 16:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Kingfish is currently offline  Kingfish
Illuminati (1st Degree)
When I go shopping for a system, or parts of a system, I go to the store or website armed. Audio is something I don't skimp on, that's why it is usually just a once a year excursion.
Re: How much is too much? [message #86137 is a reply to message #86095] Mon, 18 September 2017 21:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sawyer25 is currently offline  sawyer25
Master
I never have a limit of how much I can spend on a system; if I like it, I will definitely go for it, regardless of the price. All the same, I work on a budget. I believe that most of us never mind spending quite a sum on the things we like, right?
Re: How much is too much? [message #86192 is a reply to message #86095] Sun, 24 September 2017 11:22 Go to previous message
Ziggy is currently offline  Ziggy
Chancellor
I have to think about price, being a single mom. I will, however, save up for one that I think is worth it. There is no accounting for taste, so I pick one that I like the way music sounds on it. It's not necessarily about the price!
Previous Topic: What is the best software for classical music on PC?
Next Topic: New & interesting tech on the horizon
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Mon Jun 17 23:59:06 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout