Home » Audio » Movies & Music » Symphony season is here.
Symphony season is here. [message #7221] Wed, 25 October 2006 19:22 Go to next message
Shane is currently offline  Shane
Illuminati (3rd Degree)
Well, the first concert is this weekend. Again, I put off getting season tickets, but am on the waiting list for surrendered tickets. Which means we'll always get seats anyway. I had my choice of 6 different pairs for this performance.

I did pick up 4 tickets for the family to see the Vienna Boys Choir in Feb. My son is into choir this year and I thought he might enjoy/appreciate hearing something beyond the local middle school!

Re: Symphony season is here. [message #7224 is a reply to message #7221] Fri, 27 October 2006 05:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
madhatter is currently offline  madhatter
Baron
Well I love going to see the Trans siberian play. I go see them every year around chrismas time.

Fantastic First Performance [message #7232 is a reply to message #7224] Fri, 27 October 2006 21:24 Go to previous message
Shane is currently offline  Shane
Illuminati (3rd Degree)
Well, the first performance of the year was outstanding! Miss Chu-Fang Huang was most a extraordinary pianist. She was hitting the keys so hard at times that the whole Steinway was moving around!, yet could pull off the most delicate of passages as well. They are in the process of choosing a new conductor and Eduardo Espinel was much better IMO than the gentlemen they had in previous years. He was very animated and genuinely enthused with the music. Really prompting each section to rise to the occasion and give their best. It will be interesting to see the other "finalists" the selection committee has chosen.

Previous Topic: MP3 Player for 14 Year Old
Next Topic: Old LPS
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Jun 12 00:05:09 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout