Home » Audio » Radio » Do you like the DJ better than the music?
Do you like the DJ better than the music? [message #68749] Wed, 27 July 2011 07:30 Go to next message
DJ Dave is currently offline  DJ Dave
Viscount
I honestly don't really like to listen to the radio anymore, and I find that when I do listen, it's because of a particular DJ. Do you know of any DJ's that are really good? Here in Atlanta, I like Mara Davis on 92.9, particularly her lunchtime show. She picks a theme every day and plays songs that follow that theme. Lewis Alston on 99X also has a TV show on On Demand. It features local talent and he is just hilarious!
Re: Do you like the DJ better than the music? [message #68753 is a reply to message #68749] Wed, 27 July 2011 10:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
audioaudio90 is currently offline  audioaudio90
Illuminati (1st Degree)
No, I dislike listening to someone talk on the radio. I want to listen to music. Jack FM is awesome because they don't have on-air personalities.
Re: Do you like the DJ better than the music? [message #69073 is a reply to message #68753] Thu, 18 August 2011 14:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Danny is currently offline  Danny
Master
There is actually a station without an on-air personality? I listen for the music, too, but there are certain DJ's that I find entertaining. I don't mind them, it's the commercials that I hate. But, of course, that's what keeps the station operating.
Re: Do you like the DJ better than the music? [message #69132 is a reply to message #68749] Tue, 23 August 2011 01:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hannah is currently offline  Hannah
Chancellor
No, I have no interest listening to DJ's on radio. It's okay for them to tell me about the music they will play but not about something else. I also don't like the greetings that they make on the radio, I say go to the person directly and tell that person what you want to say.
Re: Do you like the DJ better than the music? [message #69857 is a reply to message #68749] Sat, 22 October 2011 20:18 Go to previous message
AdrianG is currently offline  AdrianG
Baron
I wouldn't say I've ever liked a DJ more than the music, but they certainly can contribute some humor and entertainment at times. As long as they aren't too obnoxious, I think they add a little to a radio show. Also when a new song comes out, it's nice to know some information about it, and they're able to provide that.
Previous Topic: Radio plays
Next Topic: Are there any devices that can improve reception?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Mon Jun 17 08:16:31 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout
Miller Audio