Home » Audio » Movies & Music » Alison Krauss and the Union Station - Live
Alison Krauss and the Union Station - Live [message #5864] Mon, 16 May 2005 13:57 Go to next message
GarMan is currently offline  GarMan
Illuminati (2nd Degree)
Nope, I'm not talking about the 2002 Live CD or DVD, although they are both very good. I'm talking about live in Toronto, at Massey Hall over the past weekend and it was one of the best concert I've been to in many years. The fact that Massey Hall is a real concert hall was a big bonus.

That girl can really sing. And she is just as nutty in her live performance as she is on the DVD. The band was also outstanding. If she and her band ever swing by your part of the country, I highly recommend you catch the show.

Re: Alison Krauss and the Union Station - Live [message #5866 is a reply to message #5864] Mon, 16 May 2005 14:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Manualblock is currently offline  Manualblock
Illuminati (13th Degree)
Garman you lucky guy. Thats a concert worth seeing. Did she sing a lot of the mountain stuff or mix it up with some of that newer, jazzier music she's been doing.
To anyone who is not familiar with her, she has the most beautifull high lonesome voice; like the young Dolly Parton. And she can play.
So; what went on G-man?

Re: Yeah, she really can play! [message #5867 is a reply to message #5866] Mon, 16 May 2005 14:46 Go to previous message
BillEpstein is currently offline  BillEpstein
Illuminati (2nd Degree)
The Dobro next to her on stage is a wonderful instrument beautifully played but, when she gets to fiddlin', damn, it is the King of instruments and she just might be the Queen!

Previous Topic: Pet Sounds . . .
Next Topic: The Present Day Composer Refuses To Die!
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Jun 07 05:45:03 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout
Smith & Larson Audio