Home » xyzzy » Dungeon » Irony and Pity
Re: The irony is virtually unlimited... [message #56173 is a reply to message #56172] Sun, 27 March 2005 15:12 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
wunhuanglo is currently offline  wunhuanglo
Illuminati (2nd Degree)
We were discussing that point at work the other day - I said I just can't imagine having the strength to put up with what the husband has put up with for the past 15 years.

As I understand it he has turned down offers of $1M and $10M to walk away this past week and he hasn't done it. I'd like to think it isn't because he's hoping the book royalties will be better that way.

This nanny nation thing? I kind of see two trends - one essentially libertarian ("a woman's right to choose") and a theocratic trend (you can't do it because it offends my god; abortion, Janet Jackson's boob, Opie & Anthony, bare-assed lady on Monday Night Football, gay marriage, right to die law in Oregon, dope for cancer patients, etc...)

What bothers the shit out of me is the latter, and this Terry Veg-O-Matic deal is evidence to me that the theocratic trend is building into a tsunami.

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: Reviewers - Is it possible for them to be unbiased?
Next Topic: Irritated with Amazon
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed May 29 06:14:55 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout