Home » xyzzy » Tower » Sears/Kmart
Sears/Kmart [message #54115] Thu, 18 November 2004 04:35 Go to next message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)
What do you think of the Sears/Kmart thing? Think it will work, maybe breathe some life into those strugging companies? Or do you think it's like Worldcom buying MCI?

I don't how they'll do, but I know Sears is a bit of American history and I hope the combined company can do well. If the prices are competitive, I'll be giving them some of my holiday shopping business.

Re: Sears/Kmart [message #54116 is a reply to message #54115] Thu, 18 November 2004 09:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Bill Wassilak is currently offline  Bill Wassilak
Illuminati (1st Degree)
It might help them out, but I think Walmart will still have them beat, but it will be easier shopping at Kmart or Sears rather than a Walmart super center around Christmas that's for sure.

Re: Sears/Kmart [message #54117 is a reply to message #54115] Sun, 21 November 2004 07:02 Go to previous message
Manualblock is currently offline  Manualblock
Illuminati (13th Degree)
The wall street guys noticed about two years ago that the land upon which Sears operates their stores is owned by the company. The actual value of the land holdings is worth more than twice the value of the entire operation. That is what was wanted; the land. The stores are mostly in open sites with good parking and access. It was only a matter of time before they were bought out so the merger is a good idea for Sears.

Previous Topic: Need some advice
Next Topic: Ukraine unrest
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Jun 04 03:39:02 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout