Home » Audio » Movies & Music » The Girls
The Girls [message #5174] Thu, 15 April 2004 18:36 Go to next message
Manualblock is currently offline  Manualblock
Illuminati (13th Degree)
Monheit, Jones Jacintha, Krall, Cassidy, they're the same person right? I feel like I'm trapped in an audio salon. A putz? gee.

Re: The Girls [message #5175 is a reply to message #5174] Fri, 16 April 2004 00:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

Re: The Girls [message #5184 is a reply to message #5174] Fri, 16 April 2004 20:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
elektratig is currently offline  elektratig
Grand Master
I'm with you.

Re: In defense of.......The Girls [message #5188 is a reply to message #5174] Sat, 17 April 2004 17:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
BillEpstein is currently offline  BillEpstein
Illuminati (2nd Degree)
Well, no dfense for Monheit or Jones. Jacintha has the one good outing and Cassidy sadly hadn't found her voice yet.
But I stick solidly with Krall. Not a canary but a musician. Complainers about her vocals don't get it that she's using her voice as an instrument and her phrasing is as much a part of the rythym section as her piano. "Live In Paris" should convince the most skeptical that the byplay between her and Hamilton and Clayton over changes in tempos and her growling shows the ensemble character of the effort. Not just a pretty face.

Re: In defense of.......The Girls [message #5198 is a reply to message #5188] Mon, 19 April 2004 19:01 Go to previous message
Manualblock is currently offline  Manualblock
Illuminati (13th Degree)
She has talent but her real problem is industry types choosing the repretior. She's so marketable that she isn't taking the time to find a genuine voice of her own. Ten years she will be a fine artist is my guess, seen her live and she is cute. She appears to have a real feel for the music and she can swing.

Previous Topic: Dark City
Next Topic: young females
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Jun 06 13:07:50 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout