Home » Sponsored » Pi Speakers » Hy Grant Marshall
Hy Grant Marshall [message #48397] Wed, 14 December 2005 19:50 Go to next message
j.luis cruz . is currently offline  j.luis cruz .
Master
Hy Grant .This is ..J.luisCruz . A few threads you said about your seven Pi .do you say that you use a 6.5 inch PHL in the midrange section my question Grant is .How do you fit with a 6.5 inch the midrange horn section and what about the croosover .a salute Wayne .

Re: Hy Grant Marshall [message #48400 is a reply to message #48397] Thu, 15 December 2005 05:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
GrantMarshall is currently offline  GrantMarshall
Viscount

Hi j.luis.

There's actually 2 ways I've tried.

One is to use the midhorn that Wayne has drawn up plans for. I used the same size of horn as if I used a larger driver with the speaker end adjusted a bit for the smaller speaker than the plans were originally for. This leaves you pretty close with efficiencies and the PHL1660 is suited to a horn. They even mention horn use in their specs on this speaker.

The second option I am using now is to bi-amp the speakers with the low and high frequencies on one crossover and nothing connected to the mid. The mid gets the second amp with just the low end controlled on the crossover. Probably wouldn't work with a lot of watts going through it, but I'm not filling a concert hall. I'm sure it wouldn't come out perfect if you measured it but it sounds good.

Grant.

Re: Hy Grant Marshall [message #48403 is a reply to message #48400] Thu, 15 December 2005 08:37 Go to previous message
j.luis cruz . is currently offline  j.luis cruz .
Master
Thanks for you kindly answer ,I ask because I have several 6.5 inchers doinng nothing .But so that I can get in my local Eminence dealer BTW at fabolous prices the seven Pi drivers all the same except that instead of the 15 Delta ( 400 watts ) I could get the 15 Delta Pro ( 800 watts )I certainly would like to follow you advvice and of course the Wayne guidelines . once again thanks Grant.

Previous Topic: plan request
Next Topic: Request for 9pi plans
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Jun 07 10:03:46 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout