Home » Sponsored » Pi Speakers » pi align software
pi align software [message #46407] Sat, 26 February 2005 11:55 Go to next message
Adam Wilson is currently offline  Adam Wilson
Esquire
Hi Wayne,
In the Pi align software does bandwidth refer to the entire frequency range of the bare driver or simply to the range between the low and high cutoffs you are designing for? Thanks for your great products ( I am the proud owner of your Theater 4s) and generous sharing of your knowledge.
Adam Wilson

Re: pi align software [message #46408 is a reply to message #46407] Sat, 26 February 2005 12:09 Go to previous message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

I assume you are referring to the "Lo Cut" and "Hi Cut" fields. Those were originally intended to store raw driver cutoff points, though I rarely used them. When I started writing that software, I had intended to use it to do the electro-mechanical alignment, catalog driver specs and assist in designing the crossover. The source code has another screen and various modules that were never completed. I decided to remove the menu control to take you to the crossover screen. When I use the program as it stands, rarely do I ever enter values for midrange and tweeter components, or even the values for woofers beyond quantity, Vad, Qd and Fd.

Previous Topic: Great Plains Audio Club Meeting - March 19
Next Topic: DeltaLite 2510
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Jun 04 00:56:04 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout