Home » Sponsored » Pi Speakers » Speaker building news
Speaker building news [message #45954] Mon, 06 December 2004 17:05 Go to next message
BillEpstein is currently offline  BillEpstein
Illuminati (2nd Degree)
First, Home Depot has the $199 Ryobi TS15 on sale at $147. I bought it and for a lightweight it's accurate with a better fence than most of the portables. NO more sawdust in the living room for me!
Number two, and I hope Wayne you don't mind, a link to Bob Brines speaker-building site. He's buds with Martin King. I've been looking to try the single driver thing again and came across the FT 1600 on the Decware site. Plunked down $25 bucks for the plans. Nothing revolutionary, a mass loaded TL, but the directions Brines gives for how and when to cut the stock, glue up and clamp would be worth the cost for any DIY'er.
This is really Craftsman Forum stuff but people are staying away from there in droves.

Re: Speaker building news [message #45956 is a reply to message #45954] Mon, 06 December 2004 17:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)
Great link, thanks!

Maybe post it on the Craftsmen forum too? Folks are probably out Christmas shopping and doing cards and stuff, but they'll probably like the info there as well as here.

Still like the Ryobi? [message #45960 is a reply to message #45954] Mon, 06 December 2004 23:33 Go to previous message
colinhester is currently offline  colinhester
Illuminati (3rd Degree)
How's the new table saw working out? Fence accuracy? Ease of use? T-slots?......Colin

Previous Topic: Three Pi Stage & Professional Plans
Next Topic: downscaling midhorn
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Jun 06 00:32:21 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout