Home » Sponsored » Pi Speakers » evil car
evil car [message #45314] Sat, 04 September 2004 15:33 Go to next message
Anonymous
Wayne, I found this link to a video and almost fell off
my chair laughing.

It's audio related.
http://djspark.free.fr/sono_gayz.wmv

Re: evil car [message #45316 is a reply to message #45314] Sat, 04 September 2004 16:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)
I'll bet that guy in the car wished he hadn't gotten inside!

Did you see the movie The Italian Job? Every time I see a Mini Cooper, I think of that movie.

lol [message #45344 is a reply to message #45314] Wed, 08 September 2004 23:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mike.e is currently offline  Mike.e
Illuminati (1st Degree)
the best part is the guys on the outside get the headphones and he doesnt :-P

Re: evil car [message #45355 is a reply to message #45316] Sun, 12 September 2004 03:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Illuminati (1st Degree)
Its pretty harsh,you wouldnt want to do that again in your life!

torture chamber!

I FFTd the movie audio,to see what the distortion products were. 1st tone is 40hz, 2nd tone 65 and 3rd tone 70hz. The first tone has real high 3rd harmonic,perhaps its below tuning or something similar.

The 2nd harmonic is suprisingly low even on the last one. Dominated by 3rd harmonic which is equal to the fundamental :-P

Cheers!

Re: evil car [message #45356 is a reply to message #45355] Sun, 12 September 2004 10:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)
I checked out your FFT charts.

As I watched the video of those guys in the little car, I wondered if that was a joke for the camera where they didn't really crank it up, just to make you laugh thinking how loud it was. Or maybe they did crank it and the guy got sick, I dunno.

As an aside, here in Tulsa, we have a drag strip where you can get within 10 feet of the launch point, roughly 3 meters. I don't think I've ever heard anything quite as loud as a nitro burning top fuel dragster at this distance. I've been near some of the IASCA competitions and it's loud, but nothing like the top fuelers at launch. The sound is overwhelming, and the smell of unburned and partially burned fuel is so strong it burns your eyes. Not only that, but the burned fuel forms a confetti-like mist of ash that rains down on you. It is amazing to see, hear and feel the effects and to know that a single car making several thousand horsepaower did this.

You gotta see a top fuel dragster sometime. You'll be amazed.

Re: evil car [message #45364 is a reply to message #45356] Sun, 12 September 2004 21:26 Go to previous message
Illuminati (1st Degree)
We dont have any dragsters like that,well we have is jap import racing with ~9second 1/4miles

i think that they probably cranked it up moderately loud-you can see the cone excursion + expression on the guys face

perhaps not 168db but even 148 is too much for 3 x 6second burps!

Its funny watching the harmonics change

Previous Topic: Pi Gallery location has changed
Next Topic: Wayne, any update on new LAB12 woofer?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Mon Jun 10 07:57:01 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout
Smith & Larson Audio