Home » Sponsored » Pi Speakers » horn books+miscellaneous
horn books+miscellaneous [message #42591] Mon, 29 September 2003 07:44 Go to next message
toxicport.e is currently offline  toxicport.e
Baron
what was the first book you read about loudspeakers?
whats ur favourite?can u reccomend me something?

can u just go into a store in US and buy a book on horn loudspeaker design? or is the best still in certain magazines and online.....

because there isnt anything here in NZ im relying on the internet

i could order AES,although i would want them all (one wouldnt seem worthwhile), or some and then i dont want ones i dont want....lol

my midbasshorn ,its at the end of modeling it is now being folded and optimised spacewise.~!

i Could remodel it again with what it has Now,but i cant really be bothered-
its just an experiment,and i expect it to be 'close enough'.
modeling folds?hmmmm

W H geigers response
http://f16.parsimony.net/forum27133/messages/2311.htm

not much luck over at high eff forum,, :*)
freddyi thinks its lookn good.

btw nice the pi speakers site is looking very nice
very professional.

4am time for sleep

cheers
Mike

Re: horn books+miscellaneous [message #42592 is a reply to message #42591] Mon, 29 September 2003 10:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)
Your horn looks cool! When are you gonna build it?
horn [message #42593 is a reply to message #42592] Mon, 29 September 2003 17:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Baron

my timeframe is overawhile-i have polytech that i need to finish - it may be christmas holidays-Dec5th

because ive just completed my 2week holiday( and finished completeling the modeling),and my mates relative whos a woodworker is busy makn my mates bedroom like a sleepout,so wudve been busy.

this will be good to see if a 30hz 750L horn is justifiable

as soon as i finish the niggly bits-

the corner reflectors,completely optimising the rear chamber to be correct 17L+2L for lab12 woofer+bracing,

and drawing it more times in Qcad with really skinny lines

one of my problems is my little 14" monitor cant display it all at once! :P 800x600

this horn is for the Experience not for perfect response..250L only,
how can u go wrong :-P

im thinkn 25mm mdf always that rear chamber brace is infact vertical :*)

and then il get RS meter(with new mic like adrian has),test it outdoors,in car,in home,in corner,see if can squeese 40hz out of it with a few watts :-D

Cheers!

Re: horn [message #42594 is a reply to message #42593] Mon, 29 September 2003 20:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Illuminati (33rd Degree)
I'm eager to see photos of this cabinet when it's done. At only 9ft3, it's a very manageable size. So if it sounds good in quarter-space or eighth-space from 40Hz up, you've really got something! And it looks to me like you've modeled it pretty well, so I see no reason to expect that performance won't be as predicted, at least up to 200Hz or so, where folds might start reducing output beyond what the model can show.

Keep us posted! I'm anxious to know how it sounds, and to see some photos in December when you've got 'em done!

horn [message #42595 is a reply to message #42594] Mon, 29 September 2003 21:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Baron
no problem wayne il take pics.(thats half the point i reckon!)

i think the lab12 woofers high mass + le stops any HF above 200hz :P

it wont go any higher..but thats ok

300hz wudve been nice ,but really im not gona build another midbass bin just to reach my 300hz tractix horns i dont have ,and wont haev for a very long time :P

btw im getn a new pc (2ghz),so i can use hornresp and wait only 2seconds for the response ,rather than 30seconds on my 133mhz,for a hyperbolic horn =)

also ive noticed its just so much more productive having a pc that can run ur programs at a decent speed.

_____
ive gotn in a few arguments in caraudio forums,ive posted 150posts in one forum and 50posts in the other,in a matter of 28days
,so much speaker truth to tell! so many lies made up things,unproven things,its really annoying,i think il leave it soon,just post to the ppl who are interested in learning.

but i like to think i told ppl some useful facts
theres alot of ppl who have heard boomy boxes such as the xxx18 pictured,many ppl seem to love that response..i told them IB or dipole it;P

cheers

:-)

Pics are the best bit [message #42596 is a reply to message #42594] Mon, 29 September 2003 21:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Baron
no problem!

lately ive looked at this site

http://www.klippel.de/pubs/nonlinaura.pdf
http://www.klippel.de/pubs/default.asp

wish i couldve seen that talk/AES full file!

:-D

other horn modelings to compare [message #42597 is a reply to message #42594] Mon, 29 September 2003 21:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Baron
http://www.geocities.com/sc00byd0159/basshorn.htm

the delta10inch extended flat..
notice that was when i was wanting 30hz..
now compromised for 40hz for enclosure 3x less volume

cheers

Klippel [message #42598 is a reply to message #42596] Mon, 29 September 2003 23:37 Go to previous message
Illuminati (33rd Degree)
Klippel has done some neat stuff, haven't they?!!
Previous Topic: Looking for suggestions
Next Topic: corner horn plans
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Jun 04 16:23:21 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout