Home » Audio » General » Anonymity
Anonymity [message #409] Sun, 25 April 2004 13:19 Go to next message
Gary is currently offline  Gary
Esquire
Me and some others have been in a little discussion about ethics on the internet. Is that an oxymoron? There are websites, chatrooms and auctions with guys running around using fake names to generate interest in their products and other hidden agendas. They will give themselves glowing reviews, using another name to look like a uninterested third party. They pick fights and spread rumors to tarnish competitors reputations. It is certainly unethical, but are some of these practices also potentially illegal? Your comments please.

Re: Anonymity [message #410 is a reply to message #409] Sun, 25 April 2004 15:28 Go to previous message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)
I think I know the places of which you speak. Some of 'em are pretty full of bullys, artificially inflated interest, content-loading, controversy and trashy posts. One in particular allows this kinds of thing just to increase traffic. Nasty behavior, and done at the expense of its sponsors and industry leaders, since they are the usual targets. Those kinds of issues are exactly why this website was formed. The moderators here are all committed to making sure it doesn't happen on this website.

Previous Topic: Tubes or Solid State?
Next Topic: It's cook-out time!
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Mon Jun 10 04:44:56 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout